3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: any Mississippi tradgangers.....  (Read 419 times)

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
any Mississippi tradgangers.....
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
had any luck yet? the pressure has been overwhelming at our club this year. we have killed a few does and 2 bucks. I havent seen a deer my last half dozen times out. Hope yall are having more luck than I am.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Dan Bonner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: any Mississippi tradgangers.....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
Killed a couple does on my place north of Vicksburg. We have some good ones on trail cam pics. My Brother killed a 130" 8 two weeks ago. Buck movement is starting to pick up. Where do you hunt?

Bonner

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »
I lived in Knoxubee county for most of my teen years.Killed my fist bow shot deer there.In the Tombigbie river bottoms there are some monster bucks and plenty of them.I may have to make a tripo over to miss and have a go at it again, i still have a bunch of places i can hunt there.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
I’ve seen 3 from the stand since Oct 15 but most hunts have been goose egg except for the occasional deer on the road coming and going.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
glad to see Im not the only one. lol  

Dan, I still live in Vicksburg and hunt at Rocky Springs. About half way between Utica and Port Gibson. Tons of deer but they just havent been moving much in daylight. I think Tuesday will get them going good. Too bad I gotta work. LOL   :D
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
The wife and me have been hunting Panther Swamp, not much going on here either. The moon and the weather has them all messed up but seeing plenty on the road after dark.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline jtwalsh62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Just got home Wed from Miss hunting with friends  ,One of the guys showed up Sunday with the Flu and by Thursday we were all home in bed sick with flu .Bad stuff
jt walsh
 be still and listen

Offline mississippidave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
I'm from down around hattiesburg....I was one of the unlucky ones to have caught that dreaded Tennessee Flu.....Me and Malcolm Parker hunt at Tallhala and Panther Swamp a bunch! I've seen some dandies this year but no good shot yet...I missed a doe and lost a doe...boo!  It's freakin hot down here!

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
well its fixin to get real good. this cold front monday should really have them going since they have been laid up so long. good luck guys and I hope to see some pics soon.
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Seen some. Killed an 8 back in October but been pretty slow since. Seen several bucks bumping does in the past few days ( surprising as hot as it is) but the nannies don't want to have anything to do with the boys quite yet..Come Monday , you better have your stuff together!! Hot weekends, cold weeks while we are at work, imagine that huh..Hopefully it'll stay cold this go 'round... Other than that ,I've  just been glad to be out. This is along big black river between yazoo down to Bolton

Offline Fat Clyde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
Lots of does! Three strait hunts I've see does an the same small buck twice. Kinda north central part of the state.
Arise, kill, and eat.

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
no doubt its close.  this cold snap is gonna hopefully get the bigger bucks on their feet during daylight hours. I wont get to go again til Thursday but I'm gonna get out early and see what happens. For sure gonna have my rattle bag, bleat and grunt tube.
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by BOHO:
no doubt its close.  this cold snap is gonna hopefully get the bigger bucks on their feet during daylight hours. I wont get to go again til Thursday but I'm gonna get out early and see what happens. For sure gonna have my rattle bag, bleat and grunt tube.
Good luck my friend, I hope fortune smiles on you.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
thx swine !!!  you as well bud
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
It has been an extrememly slow deer movement year.  Seems like all my cameras have them moving all week and not at all on the weekend, when I can hunt.  Cold weeks hot weekends.  Having said that I have been very fortunate this season.  I have 2 places that I hunt that are top notch places.  One place is one of my best friends and has to kill 100 does this year, and on my place we kill 30 and no other members really shoot any.  I have killed 12 so far with my recurves/longbow.  One of those being a really nice 8 pt Friday afternoon.  According to My bro in law Graybarkhunter I have a special golden horse shoe located somewhere LOL.   Hang in there its only going to get better.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
We are in lock down on the ms river in clarksdale.  Waiting on a great post rutt
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
Any of you Ms fellas have a Silvertip 3 piece recurve or a Tall Tines I may could shoot before I buy a used or new one.  Let me know Thanks.

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
That is a beauty of an 8 pointer, congrats.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Mike Falkner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Killed one in Pontotoc County in October, no shots since.  Haven't hunted much, tho, hard to get pumped up at 70 deg.  This week should get 'em up on their feet.
Mike

Psalms 44:6

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
I was visiting my mom in Poplarville in October. I drove over to La. and hunted Lake Ramsey with a friend that I haven't seen in 25 years. I had 3 deer come in about 40 yards away, they were crossing a ridge. Unfortunately, I never had a clear shot because there was too much brush in the way.
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©