3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help me identify this older bow..thanks..  (Read 420 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
help me identify this older bow..thanks..
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
this is a 68" longbow with a black rubberish grip... the markings on the limb are just like this......SK
          28"
          P

This bow is wood with a white fiber glass backing.. it has no shelf and looks  to be pretty old..it was found in a abandoned house and i was trying to figure out what the SK stood for and the P and the 12.....Im pretty sure the rest is 68" 38# @ 28"....if you have any info on this or any guesses let me know...this is not a new bow...im guessing at least 25 years old... thats just a guess though.....thanks guys....
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline ncboman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help me identify this older bow..thanks..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
You might find this interesting;

SK bow  

:)
ncboman

Have Bow >>>-------> Will Travel

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
ncboman...yep thats interesting...obviously made by the same company or fellow......im tempeted to string it up and let some fly...but, it may be better to hang on the wall in my den...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
If it was a Bear I could help ya
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
not a bear Jay...just a real straight stickbow with no shelf..black rubberish handle ...fiberglass white backing and the rest is wood...my daughters boyfriend cleans out repo'd and abandoned houses for certain banks...and came across this bow a old leather back quiver and some really old arrows that had self nocks...it looks like a few of them had been footed also...they had crimp on points.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
As long as the bow has no cracks or delamination, shoot it. I have a Pearson Hunter that hung in a guys basement strung from 1967 to 2004, when he gave it to me. The only time it has been unstrung was to replace the string. It is marked 50#s at 28"s but is actually 51#s which is marked under the strike plate. It is a shame not to take the old ones out and shoot them once in a while. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©