3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Boots?  (Read 505 times)

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Boots?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
I just got a new pair of boots a couple of days ago. Merrell Bergenz. Like them so far. Real lightweight, Wellington with insulation and waterproof. I can't wear heavy boots, have to walk to far.

Offline mtnwalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
vasque gtx early season then stil trying to break in a pair of danner boots

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
Beans up to the colder weather and then my Mucks. I used to get cold toes and feet in any other boots when it got really cold and then bought the Mucks. My socks will sometimes actually be damp when I take the Mucks off but my feet never even get cool.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
16" LL beans.

18" Lacrosse burly's.

Meindl canadas.

16" Insulated Schnees.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
very early season I'll wear moc's and converse chuck taylors (chuck taylors come in a warmer LINED version now) (Arrow muckluks for next season) but for boots

for New England in Early season its Muck wetlands, Mid season the same except now I add light to mid weight smartwool socks, (if I'm hunting behind my house I wear my old Lacross burleys)

mid season with very cold temps its Lacross 500gram and either liner socks or wool socks if needed don't know the model but they are their all leather elk boots from 10yrs ago,

late season extreme cold, for stand hunting I wear Baffin's from canada (made for snomobile and dog sled operators)  rated to 100- which are like standing on top of a forced hot air vent in 3' of snow but I had these on at 16 below and they where toasty (stand hunting only  and slow walking but lots of hiking they are not recommended),  if its alot of walking the tried and true sorel's with thick wool liners, buy the next size up for extra wool socks.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Meathook 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Mucks all year round.Just different socks.

Offline The Huntress

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
Early season - basic rubber boots with wool socks.

Later season - some Wal-Mart insulated camo boots. They still let my feet get cold.

Right now I am making a pair of knee high mocs that I plan to line with fur and see how they do in the cold weather.

I'm still hunting now, so I need something quiet anyway. Those insulated boots sound like a freight train coming!

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
My wife and son got me a new pair of LaCrosse Pac boots for Christmas.  Looking forward to trying them out soon!

Online Daz

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Zamberlan Tofane GT RR for everything except places that require full shank mountaineering boots.
For that i use a pair of full shank Asolo boots with crampon ledges.
Always use a pair of merino wool liner socks and a pair of merino hiking socks over top.
Less anger, more troubleshooting...

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
Dyer mocs in Sept/Oct; LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes when wet/cold; Danner USMC RATs when dry/cold.  Really like Darn Tough wool socks.

Tom

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
for warm temps I have an inexpensive but very comfortable pair of Brahma Camo Thinsulate boots, for muddy and cooler temps I have a pair Wild Wolfs from Rocky and for snow I wear Sorrels.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
Schnees
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
Muck Wetland, year 'round. Comfortable, dry, and warm enough, with the right socks.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 04:57:00 AM »
dpeends on what and when I'm doing it.  

Early turkeys, mucks.  

deer...mucks

Sheep, and anything else in the mts, lowa sheep hunters.

Bou, its a tossup, though usually hippers win every time.  I'm excited to try the mucks.  I typically go to my leathers and they're soaked for the duration.  

The best hunting I've done have been in sneakers while stalking!

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
Interesting topic,
I've looked for years to find a boot w/ the combination of the feel(whats under your foot) and quietness of a muck boot but the ankle support of a Danner Pronghorn.
I hunt mostly in a pair of Browning featherweights.The closest thing I've found to the combinations of the above mentioned.
If someone has a suggestion?I would love to hear it.

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Muck wetland just got th couple months ago they are working out great

Offline cedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
Bought a pair of Muck Wetlands in Oct.  Should have bought them years ago.  Best bow hunting boot that I have tried.

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
I like my danner pronghorns and my rocky bearclaws, I get the models with the most leather on boots I dont like the nylon camo, leather keeps my feet warmer. I think they are both of 1000 grams of insulate.
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
I don't give in to the urge to buy lots of boots, but I could give my wife some real competition in the footwear department.

Mostly, I now wear my Cabela's snake boots, because there are LOTS of rattlesnakes on my property, and it does not get cold enough to drive the snakes underground until very late in the deer season.  Next, I wear a pair of cap toe field shoes from Sportsman's Guide that I got for about $50. Over many years, the boot I most commonly have worn is a pair of the military black "all leathers". I have been wearing that style footgear since the late 1960's. I am one of those guys I know whose feet just seem to fit well into military boots.
Sam

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
Dwyer mocs, Bean boots, snake boots
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©