3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hoyt gamemaster ll!!!!! argh  (Read 387 times)

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
hoyt gamemaster ll!!!!! argh
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »
I  to need vent, Im always on the hunt for this bow on the classifides...its tough either I dont have the funds or it was sild lol. I been after this bow for years. And have yet to actually look up input on this bow ... I think I'm scared I won't like what I'll find. But at this point ohhh well.....guys what do you think about this bow!!!!!!!

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hoyt gamemaster ll!!!!! argh
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
It's a personal choice.It surely perform well,it has an in between look,half way between recurve and compound.I prefer all wood bow but again it's a personal choice   :)  Good luck on your search   :thumbsup:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
What do you want to know..........I've had a few..
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Ti-guy is right but take this for what it is.I have owened ACS,Hummingbird,pittsley custom bows and they all shoot great the hoyt gamemaster to me shots well but i wouldnt buy a new one buy a good used one and save a few dollars.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
Earl Hoyt never made a bad bow that I am aware of.  The Hoyt Pro-Hunter is on my list of "keep an eye out for" and usually my eyes bug out and I back away before the bidding stops.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Desert dude just looking to see how they perform....if they're too loud, if they stack or any of the above, won't be buying one brand new any time soon lol so in always on the look on the classifieds

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
I currently own a GM,GMII and a Dorado. I like them all, they are my go to fishing rigs. The bows are darn near bomb proof as a couple of nights on my boat will prove. The only negative thing I can find if it is one, the limbs are about 5 pounds heavier then marked. So if you shoot say 50 pounds order or look for 45 pound limbs.

Offline Festivus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
Some people claim that the orginal GM is louder and harder to silence than GMII. I don't know but it has been discussed.

In my opinion I don't like the stock limbs. If I got a good deal I would sell the limbs buy the GM limb bushing adaptors from trad tek archery. Literally almost any decent wood/glass ILF limb is better than the stock Hoyt limbs. Only problem is that you will have to spray paint the limbs or camo dip them or something. Best bet is to buy the black max glass/wood or carbon/wood limbs, already black for hunting.

Only other thing I've heard is that some guys with long draws claim they stack. 28" to 29" no problem.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
I shot a used Hoyt t/d with the GMII riser.  Has a wacky (for me) balance, compared to my longbows. I felt like I was fighting with the balance when I canted the bow, which I normally do about 45 degrees for close shots. The other thing was that when I stretched it to an inch over my normal 26.5" draw it was a lot faster, and when I intentionally drew shorter it seemed to lose more speed on the short draw than I am used to. It all may just have been an impression because of the different feel compared to the Robertson longbow I was shooting that day, but it seemed like I had a lot of different stuff that I needed to pay attention to when shooting it.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
I have an original GM 60# Once you get past the looks, it is one of the most consistant, dead-in-the-hand recurves I've ever shot, and like metioned above, bombproof. Plenty fast, even with stock limbs, well past center shot so very tolerant of arrow spine, can be shot off the shelf, with elevated rest, plunger or any combination you desire. Not hard to quiet ( rubber pads under the limbs and the limb bolt washers are the key ), good fastflite string and whiskers and you can't beat it. Also easy to adapt ILF limbs to if you want to.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Great bow, can be made to shoot very quite. Work horse, love it or leave it on looks. shoots great, would buy another in a minute. I have a Dorado now, just like the looks a little better.any GM 1 or 2 are keepers if it fits your style.... very easy to tune.
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
They don't win trad world champions for being junk,they stack at the very end,but that is like having a draw stop installedand you pull to the same anchor every time,they will shoot most any carbon spine also...

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by deadpool:
Desert dude just looking to see how they perform....if they're too loud, if they stack or boobs of the above, won't be buying one brand new any time soon lol so in always on the look on the classifieds
????
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by DesertDude:
What do you want to know..........I've had a few..
....or more   :saywhat:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »
I.envy you guys even more now uhg lol

Offline Festivus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 04:35:00 AM »
I was just thinkging that there may be another option. Aside from the Hoyt Gamemaster and Gamemaster II, Martin came out with a bridged metal riser take down recurve. If it is significantly cheaper than the GMII then that could be a good option too.

Only real advantage I see in the GMII is that ILF limbs can be fitted to it. Like I said I'm not a big fan of stock Hoyt GM limbs.

Check it out.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/diablotd.php

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
Your quest may just fit the bill.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
I had the reflex version of the GMII and really liked the bow.  The hoyt buffalo is a better shooting in my opinion and I still own the buffalo.  The downside of the buffalo is that it's heavier (but I have the buffalo quiver too which adds a lot of weight).
>>>--------->

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
I had a Gamemaster a while, but I was never able to tune it to shoot off the shelf.  The bare shafts would nose-dive into the ground.  Even tried switching the top and bottom limbs, in case they were marked wrong.  Shot fine off the elevated rest, but I wanted to shoot off the shelf, so I sold it.

Maybe it was just me, or maybe something with that particular bow.  Anyway, it was a few years ago, and I would imagine the bow they are selling now has been changed from the one I bought then.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©