3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tall Tines or a Silvertip  (Read 389 times)

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Tall Tines or a Silvertip
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
Would like to get a new recurve one day.  Do any of you own both or either of these 3 piece recurves that could give your feedback on the 2.  Would really be nice to hear from people who own or have owned both.  They look similar to each other in build both offer checkering. I have tried just about every other recurve made and always come back to my widows love there mass weight.   Which one would you choose and why.  Thanks Will

Offline Tatonka17

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tall Tines or a Silvertip
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
I've owned both.  Don't have a bad thing to say about either one.  I personally like the Schafer grip a touch better.  I really like the woods that Brian at Tall Tines uses.  I like the veneers on the Tall Tines a touch better.  Couldn't go wrong with either.  Probably doesn't help much, but you'll be thrilled with either.

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
Don't know anything on the silvertip but I love my tall tines!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
Don't know much about the TT's ,but LOVE my Silvertips!  :thumbsup:

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
I dont own a Silvertip, but I do have a Tall Tines. I really like it. I just recieved a set of limbs for it that I want to put on it to lighten it up a little. It's a very fine bow that I dont intend to get rid of.
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
I appreciate the replys guys.  If you dont mind will you describe what you like about each bow.  Thanks

Offline Medina1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
I've shot both and personally the Tall Tines is a better bow. Neither of them are bad in anyway but to me the tall tines was quicker, quieter and smoother than the silvertip. I liked the grip on the tall tines a little more and it just seemed to hit where I look better. You can't go wrong with any of them but any recurve I buy will be a tall tines, just a better bow IMO.

Caleb
Semper Fi
USMC 2013-present

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
I have 2 Silvertips but no experience with Tall Tines. I have never heard a bad word about the Tall Tines. When I got my first Silvertip the search for the perfect recurve was over for me. Fast, quite, the best grip I had ever felt but most of all it is deadly in the woods! I think it would be hard to go wrong with either.

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
When I bought a Silvertip I thought I was done buying bows. Then I shot a Tall Tines. I sold the Silvertips. Now all I shoot are TT. The TT is faster, smoother, and the grip insures consistant hand placement like no other bow. The TT has a beefier riser than the tip, but not as heavy as a widow. I bet a solid phenolic riser would be about the same weight as a widow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©