3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kuiu Gear  (Read 264 times)

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Kuiu Gear
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
Thinking about getting myself a Christmas gift of some Kuiu gear.  So what camo pattern do you all recommend - Vias or Verde?  I hunt pretty much exclusively in central Illinois, occasional trip to Wisconsin and even less frequent trips out west. Would you say the Kuiu sizes run on the large or small size.  For instance I usually wear a 36 waist, the Kuiu sizing chart says a Large is 35 and and XL is 37.  Do I err on the low or high side.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kuiu Gear
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
I think the camo is a personal preference. I personally like the Vias, it breaks up well like a lot of the other open patterns. As far as the sizes, they run really true. At least the stuff I have.  Me i err on the side of caution ie im probably going to gain weight no lose it. It's a great product for sure!!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by steadman:
I think the camo is a personal preference. I personally like the Vias, it breaks up well like a lot of the other open patterns. As far as the sizes, they run really true. At least the stuff I have.  Me i err on the side of caution ie im probably going to gain weight no lose it. It's a great product for sure!!
X2.
I wear 34 pants and my attack pants sized 34 (large?) fit perfect.  I prefer the Vias myself.  Last years elk hunt in Co. was still pretty green and my brothers commented on how often they lost track of me just because my profile was broken up.  I'm never concerned about hiding in cover, cause you're in cover!  I'm more concerned about when I'm caught in the open and that's where Vias shines.  (Works great in trees too!)
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Online Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
Remember when buying camo, it is what the animals see, I would go with vias, seems to break up the human outline more because of an increased contrast.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Vias is my preference too.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
I like vias also...
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
i have the Kuiu 185 Merino Beanie and Neck gator in the Verde pattern love the the stuff been using it all december very liteweight and amazingly warm for how thin it is!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
Thanks guys!
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Any other experience with the sizing.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
I really like the Vias as well. I like the others find the sizes run true. You can't go wrong with it.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Online Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
all clothing seems a little tight when you first get it but seems to loosen up and fit true to size once worn a little.

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Offline Bails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Hi, I just got the Attack pants, merino beanie and neck gator in Verde Camo and have to say its awesome, for a really great fit I ordered a size larger than my normal. I'm a 32" waist, but went for a 34" waist and they fit amazing, I've been told by a lot of people to do this, as they tend to be a little tight around the lunchbox area  :)  . Hope this helps.

Go Verde  ;)
We are here for a good time , not a long time .

Offline sparkyflint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
I got the Chugach rain jacket in olive.  It came in at the end of the season this year, so not a lot of true field time to test-maybe 4 trips out. I NEVER felt 'un-camouflaged' when wearing it and the deer didn't seem to notice me any more than usual.  

If I was insistent on getting it in camo I would go with the Verde.  i like them both, but I think the Verde would be better for woodlands/grass that I hunt.  I think the Vias is more western-dry country camo.  

Give them a call regarding sizing.  They are very helpful.
"make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind you're own business, and to work with your hands... so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody"

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Offline Centex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by ripforce56:
i have the Kuiu 185 Merino Beanie and Neck gator in the Verde pattern love the the stuff been using it all december very liteweight and amazingly warm for how thin it is!
Received the same two accessories for Christmas and was tossing around starting a thread about how pleased I was with the 185 merino.  I actually sent an email to kuiu last year inquiring about lighterweight fabrics than merino for shirts because I sweat a lot in Texas.  After a 4 day trip of free range hunting in Del Rio with temperature changes from 32 to 82 I will buy the the 185 merino long shirts with confidence that it can go many places.
Howard Hill Halfbreed "Sol" 68" 50@29
Hoyt Buffalo 62" 45@28"

Offline 4BTradArchery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
Received the same two accessories for Christmas and was tossing around starting a thread about how pleased I was with the 185 merino.  I actually sent an email to kuiu last year inquiring about lighterweight fabrics than merino for shirts because I sweat a lot in Texas.  After a 4 day trip of free range hunting in Del Rio with temperature changes from 32 to 82 I will buy the the 185 merino long shirts with confidence that it can go many places. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Already spoke to them and they have some hot weather gear coming out. I got the 230 and 185 zip T's as well as the Guide vest and neck gaiter.  Awesome stuff!
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity - Darryl Royal

Dance with the one that brung ya - Darryl Royal

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
I have both patterns and hunt in Pa. Tree stand hunting. So far I haven't had a problem with deer seeing me. I wish I would have gone a size larger on the 1st jacket. It's a little snug, but works. I use it for warmer weather. When I bought the new pattern I bought the next size up on the jacket and it fit's perfect with insulated underwear on. The pants fit me to size even with insulation on.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
I think Vias camo has that 'unique' thing happening with it, and there's nothing else just like it. That said, Verde is my personal pick of the two patterns. I think it ultimately has more versatility in a variety of environments. It also matches up well with other garments having some of the same colors.

Online Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »
I canceled my pre order of attack pants, until they have figured out sizing with the new supplier.  sound like some issues are occuring with sizing compared to old supplier.

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
I got everything and they fit true to size. Some are saying the new verde is sized a tad smaller. I think that's for the lager sizes because everything fit me better in verde than in vias for size large. Honestly, I think both patterns will get the job done well. I sold all my vias and bought verde, but the vias would work extremely well in late season when the leaves drop.
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©