3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Phoenix antler limb bolts for a Whippenstik Phoenix 3 pce recurve (pic-heavy)  (Read 383 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
And the beauty is... they are on my Phoenix!!!!!

Sticshooter  made them for me!

Okay, some of you might remember I got a Whippenstick Phoenix last summer. To say I am glad with this 3-pce recurve is an understatement...
But something was missing.... some nice antler limb bolts....

So I searched for someone who could make them for me and ended with Sticshooter (Frank and Michelle). They made them for a lot of Tradgangers already. Their bolts seems to be rock-solid and gorgueous to see. They are the best! So I contacted them and asked if some custom-carving was possible... They asked me to make my own design and mail it. Then they would judge if it was possible or not... In the beginning I thought that was difficult, but then I got this original idea... Why not a Phoenix, since it is the name of the bow.... Phoenix limb bolts for a Phoenix bow! That made sense.... I simply love it when a plan comes together....

So I send in this design:

I thought it was perfect, but they told me that that it was way to detailed for carving on such a small surface, they would make me bare ones.

I had a lot of demands for the burrs; no cracks, exactly the right diameter (same as the width of my limbs), an antique look, a beautiful crown and so on...

Then Frank and Michelle got a lot on their plate, illness in the family, a bad or not working phone/computer connection and so on... so I ended up with a loooong waiting time...

But, every time their computer was on line, we kept contact. They also explained they were waiting for a new connection for their phone and computer and hoped that would improve things.

I had lots of contacts wit Michelle and suddenly there was this mail that they were on their way...

So last saturday the postman ringed, and had a package for me... the limb bolts had finally arrived....

When I opened it, I fell of my chair: they actually carved the design. They had just told me it was not possible to surprise me!  There was a note saying it was the first and last time they did this.... So they truly are unique!

There were some very thin plastic washers with it for lining them out and two big washers (one plastic, one brass), as base. After some fiddling around I could line them out perfectly.

They even polished the little Phoenixes and they look just great on my bow, like they just belong there. The colors match great too. Everything is more then perfect and Frank and Michelle are a tru artists with their hearths on the right place.

I am outrageous, insanely glad with them! And I want to state that Frank and Michelle are about the nicest, generous people you will ever meet, with hearts made out of pure gold! Besides of that: their craftmanship and eye for detail is beyond believe. The pics don't do justice to the bolts.

Oh yeah, before I forget it.... PICS! What do ya think????

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Hubi

• Trad Bowhunter
overwhelming brother!
Fits perfectly with the bow  :clapper:

Offline L. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW!! Crazy gorgeous right there!!
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
NO! Not again within one minute! this starts to be spooky, Hubi.....  :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
No easy task! Very,very nice!
David M. Conroy

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool!  Match the bow great and definitely one of a kind.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
very nice!  :thumbsup:
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Those are off the hook Ad.  Compliment an already beautiful rig...

CB
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice!
>>>------John------>

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very nice. Those limb veneers are outrageous too.
i can sure see why you love tghat bow with those looks and awsome performance.

Ken is really a talented craftsman in every aspect of bowery.

Instantly noticable to me is the fact that he lined up the designs so that when the bolts are tight they line up. That really shows his committment to quality and integrity./ Kudos to Ken and to you on a super bow.

God b less and Merry Christmas, Steve

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
WOW....that is amazing...looks real nice on your bow
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Sixby:
Very nice. Those limb veneers are outrageous too.
i can sure see why you love tghat bow with those looks and awsome performance.

Ken is really a talented craftsman in every aspect of bowery.

Instantly noticable to me is the fact that he lined up the designs so that when the bolts are tight they line up. That really shows his committment to quality and integrity./ Kudos to Ken and to you on a super bow.

God b less and Merry Christmas, Steve
I agree that Ken is a talented craftsman, but the bolts are NOT from him. I ordered themfrom Sticshooter. The bolts are lined up by the use of very thin washers.Sticshooter always adds these washers for you. You add washers till the bolts are lined up. I did that myself.

BTW you are a fine craftman too Steve! I once shot a Talon from you and I still remember that bow! What a shooter that was!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Everything looks outstanding to me!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
wow those are nice ones they look familiar and beautiful bow<><    :thumbsup:
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Outstanding Bow and Limb bolts!  :thumbsup:

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
Outstanding bow limbs and bolts. Glad you are enjoying the whippenstick so much.

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
very cool
Slickhead

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
Very Nice!!!

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
Simply awesome!   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
That looks awesome.  Nice bow you have there.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©