3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why did Easton scrap Autumn Orange?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why did Easton scrap Autumn Orange?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
I remember these as a kid. I always liked the different camo variety,but now I wish they were still an option.

Offline Shortlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
I shoot wood now days but always like the AO when shooting aluminum. I had some legacy shafts because they were the only ones I could find with old swaged nock tapers. I'd buy some 2020 AO if I saw some for sale probably.
Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Offline Scott357

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
Autumn Orange were probably among the first arrows I bought when I started wheelie bow archery as a teen. Like so many other folks here they were my favorites too. I shoot woodies now. I ordered a dozen douglas fir shafts yesterday. I am seriously thinking about dyeing at least 6 of them orange to sort of commemorate my first arrows from the old days.

Scott.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Before those, the hot shaft was Micro-Flites. There was nothing wrong with those either. Cut 'em, glue in inserts, nocks, fletch them. Tough shaft. Not real good for stumping, but would come back for more when an alum shaft would bend.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
Didn't Easton offer a shaft very simular to the autumn orange called Easton Yukons?
I too shot my first deer with autumn oranges.

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Autumn orange haven't been made in many years they are xx75 arrows of another color ,, I still have a couple doz from my coumpound ,, Alum is ok but they will bend ,, thats why carbons have taken over , wood and alum , if you want the old trad feel and look why not get some wood
Gord

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
I have a few dozen 2016 AO's. I don't use them as I prefer MFX and the newer Axis Trads.  I moved a lot of 2016's several months ago (slightly used ones).  I just keep these few dozen in case I get heavy into squirrels.

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
I LOVE THIS FORUM!! I received a tube in the mail today. I scratched my head thinking "I did'nt order anything" Then I saw my buddy Troy Burns "Burnsie" name on it,I opened it,and behold..5 perfect Autumn Orange XX75 shafts!!
He saw me whining on this post of mine,and sent me some to allow me to drift back to my earlier days of archery. Troy,I thank you. Your friend Ryan.   :clapper:
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Ryan,
Only wish I would have had more to send your way, that's all I had left in my AO stash, except for a couple bent up 2117's.  A very small token of appreciation for the hospitality you've shown Grant and I. Hope you have some fun with them.
Oh, and I didn't think you were whining, I'm a big AO fan too, that's what I started with as a teen many moons ago. They bring back good memories and reminiscing for me as well.
Take care Buddy,  Burnsie
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by dino:
I talked to Easton last year about AO shafts (again).  They will make them up for who every wants them, and I can't remember the number but it was something 5,000 shafts per size and atleast 5 sizes or something like that.  Easton themselves don't think there would be enough demand there to make that a standard shaft to carry again and I don't totally disagree with them either.  
I've heard the exact same thing during past discussions regarding AO shafts.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by hayslope:
[QB]
Originally posted by dino:
[qb] I talked to Easton last year about AO shafts (again).  They will make them up for who every wants them, and I can't remember the number but it was something 5,000 shafts per size and atleast 5 sizes or something like that.  Easton themselves don't think there would be enough demand there to make that a standard shaft to carry again and I don't totally disagree with them either.  

If I had'nt done so good on fleabay buying these I would try to get a bunch of the AO. lovers together.
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
DID I MENTION I LOVE THIS FORUM! I just got a PM from my buddy BOWMARKS. He found me a full dozen Autumn Orange full length shafts,and bought them for me,and had them sent my way!! I tell you what Mark,I really can't thank you enough. I only hope in the near future I can a similar favor for you. I AM ALL SET NOW FELLAS'! between Mark & Troy,I have nearly a dozen and a half! AWESOME! rat'

:bigsmyl:    :notworthy:    :archer:    :clapper:    :archer2:
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©