3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Holm-Made GoshawK?  (Read 148 times)

Offline EHK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Holm-Made GoshawK?
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Any Holm-Made Goshawk shooters out there?  I have 2 of Chad's Ospreys and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Goshawk as well.  Would love to see some pictures and hear any feedback you guys may have.  Thanks in advance.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holm-Made GoshawK?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
I won a bow build on the St. Judes auction and Chad built me a Dual Shelf Goshawk. If you do a search for "St.Judes longbow" you can see photos. It is a real good shooter and Chad's talent really shows in this bow. I also have a River Runner and an Osprey....he builds a great bow!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Actually, if any one has a 64" or 66" Osprey, it is the same bow as the Goshawk.  I just renamed it Goshawk in the last year.  I made 30-40 of them before I got around to changing the name.  Chad

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
I shoot a 64" Goshawk 46@28, my bow-wife!  She is the sweetest thing.  Shoots like a dream.  I've got a 60" Osprey now too, but the Goshawk is THE ONE.  EHK I'll email you some pics when I get a chance.  Mine's a shedua/bubinga accent riser with yew veneers, gorgeous!
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline bartcanoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
I have a 58#@28 64" Osprey now Goshawk.  I've finally worked back up to it after being away for awhile, so now I'm ready for some deer hunting next week.

The bow is quick, quiet and it is smooth as butter to my 29" draw.  I love it, and it gives me confidence to get back in the woods.

Dave

P.S.  I'll have to take some pictures.
Dave

US Army Retired (1984-2013)
Job 42:1-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©