3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why is my great northern adjustable quiver noisy???  (Read 223 times)

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Why is my great northern adjustable quiver noisy???
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
I have 3 different brands of strap on quivers. Two are dead quiet. I love this great northern strap on adjustable quiver but it is noisy. Have had it a while but just don't use it anymore because it is noisy. I have tried with straps that came on it and also put on new straps, adjusted the length of the quiver no difference, tried with arrows in the quiver and without arrows, I even put some electrical tape wraps around the adjustable area where the 2 rubber pieces keep the 2 adjustable bars secure, I even added 2 new rubber pieces. Checked the inside of the hood to see if where the broadheads go could be loose. I have tried everything I can think of. My two other quivers are dead quiet when I put them on my bow. Any help?? I know this is a great quiver but something has to be wrong.
Thanks

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why is my great northern adjustable quiver noisy???
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
I had a similar problem when I had my bolt on model. I adjusted the length of the quiver for my bow, moved the rubber pieces all the way to the ends of the adjustable rod and the used to small zip ties on the exposed metal rods inside the rubber fitting. Tightened the zip ties as much as humanly possible. It seemed to work for me.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
I was pretty dissappointed with my new non-adjustable GN strap on. It was really hard to figure out where all the noise and vibration was coming from. It's in the hood.

I had to dismantle mine and tighten everything up with new zip ties. The foam and steel plate were loose and flopping around with each shot. I even drilled a hole through the top of the hood and ran a screw down into the steel plate to snug it up. Now it's as quiet as a strap on can be, which isn't all that quiet to begin with.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
I always thought it was between the leather and the metal connecting it, twist it a little and make it work some and it goes away. Just too stiff, I guess

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
I've never experienced any kind of noise or vibration in a GN quiver of any configuration. Must have been a flub.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
I have 4 GN Adjustable quivers and frankly have no clue what might be going on here. Mine make no noise that I am aware of??

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
I put a pad made of sections cut from a bicycle innertube between the limb and the mounting arms before winding the rubber attaching straps around the limbs.  I was worried about the metal arms marring the limbs; but it also quieted the quiver.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
Ive owned 2.....a strap on and a bolt on for a Bear super k....both were noisy when releasing an arrow....a sort of vibrating noise if you will.  sold both and not looking back.  For on-the-bow quivers I have both Kanati and EFA....both are awesome,  both are deadly silent when the bow is drawn and fired.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
My EFA has been noisy this year.  Don't know if the foam is used enough that the arrows vibrate at release.  The arrow grip keeps the arrows so close that the fletching touches with any vibration.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Yes like no sights message. It is a kind of vibration noise. Man I wish I could figure it out as it is a great quiver.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »
Another source of noise with a GN is the straps. If you use the 2nd or 3rd hole the excess strap will flap upon release. I cut off the excess strap and the noise stopped.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
I suppose if the quiver is mounted anywhere on the limbs there could be vibration. I keep mine strictly on the risers of my bows, fairly tight, and I do cut away any excess strap.

Offline tj69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 04:10:00 AM »
What Red Beastmaster said.
Dismantle the hood and cover the steel plate with something soft. I used the soft part of velcro tape. Works great. Quiver is silent now.
Bezaleel ILF riser + Border HEX6 limbs 50#@29"
Morrison XD riser + Border HEX6 limbs 51#@29"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©