3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help with old bow  (Read 121 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
Help with old bow
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Dont know if this is in the right place but here it goes. I have an older black hawk bow it has wide limbs but the string doesn't touch the limbs. The handle fits my hand so good. Here is the ploblem it is suppose to a 40# bow which is what I want so I can use it for form work and 3d shoots but when you pull it on a scale it only pulls 22#s is there a way I can add weight to this bow. I was woundering if I sanded down the back of the bow and glued up another peace of wood to it would this work to help with some weight.  I just want to get to 40 or so pounds.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help with old bow
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Not to be a smart as$ but when you say it has wide limbs and the string doesnt touch the limbs,could it be strung wrong? is it marked 40# on the bow? a pic would help.

I wouldnt sand anything off the limbs without contacting one of the guys on the bowyers bench on the main page.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
LOL not strung wrong I promise its just an old bow but I dont know if its a long bow or a recurve. wide limbs like a curve but no string gruves and the string doesnt touch the limbs . Ill see if I can find someone on the bowyers bench thanks

Offline Fishburglar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
you might be stringing it backwards
The Fishburglar

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©