3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Go Pro camera  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Go Pro camera
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Just always think of these mini action and POV (point of view) cameras as not offering much detail visibility unless you are very close to the subject. Mine is really impressing me with its ability to capture action. It definitely gives the viewer a feeling of being part of what's happening. Having both hands free is a huge plus in terms of carrying on with normal activities while videoing. The H3 camera I received also takes very impressive 12 MP pictures. These can be done in single images, photo bursts, or delayed timer shots with multiple images. The menu settings provide way more customization than I ever imagined. I've never owned any of the earlier generation GoPro units, but I was told that the H3 generation is dramatically changed to improve functionality and performance.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
Kevin, have you tried to use the smart phone app and sync the camera to the iphone so you use the phone as a remote to operate the camera and also the phone screen acts as a monitor to see what the camera is looking at?
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline BONES 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
I just got one for scuba diving,guess I will give it a try in the deer woods next year.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Don, I haven't tried that (yet). I've read that it works well for some, but others have not been as pleased. My H3 Black has the WiFi control unit, so I don't really need the phone app. I also ordered a TouchLCD back, which will let me see what I'm videoing from behind the camera. I will use that fairly sparingly...mainly for handheld video jobs. My WiFi control works perfectly thus far. I've got a number of other GoPro accessories on the way. The way I see it, this camera offers me just what I've been missing: the ability to shoot action video while doing almost anything else simultaneously.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Just saw the most amazing footage that has given me some great ideas for these little cameras.  NASCAR teams are mounting H3s all over the cars that they are testing in Daytona right now to see what is happening under the car to the tires and suspension and drivetrain.  Can't wait till they get small enough to put on an arrow!

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
Good footage, but as some others have asked, I'd like to see the footage with a shot.  A friend has one mounted on the stabilizer of his wheelie and it really gets ugly at the shot.

Oh, and what you call a 'little buck' would have definitely been a shooter for me!

Thanks for sharing!  :archer:  

Kingsnake

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Steve...

I thought about mounting my GoPro at ground level and pointing to the area I would shoot a deer. The WiFi remote would easily turn on the camera and start up the video recording. Imagine the video view: Looking slightly up the deer from 10 yards away, and watching it react to the bowshot.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
That would be cool, Kevin.   I am watching this thread closely, and my son Kory and I have been toying with the idea of buying one of the GoPro's....I just wondered about the wide-angle effect too.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
Howdy Mark,

The H3 Black Edition (what I own) has multiple settings to help negate the 'fisheye' effect. You can effectively narrow the field of view x 2 steps and obtain (close to) a normal perspective. I think these units have great potential for the ground-stalking longbow or recurve guy, who has to get close anyway.

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
I got the hero3 silver for Christmas and it keeps freezing. You guys have any problems like that? I got the updates installed but it won't do anything but turn on and that's sometimes, unless I take the battery out and let it sit for awhile.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©