3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Texas Tail  (Read 818 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Texas Tail
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Wow randy, your a nasty killer. Awesome critters bud, Congrats.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Wow randy, your a nasty killer. Awesome critters bud, Congrats.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Very nice bud!!   :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by FerretWYO:
Well after I saw this good buck the first time I was determined to return until I could close the deal. Taking one morning off to hunt another blind I returned each night to where I had seen him.  

The second time I sat the blind a big bodied medium antlered mule deer buck kept running him off of the feeder and the water. At one point he was about 20 yards out and I took the oppertunity. Missing right over his back. I was sick.  He never left the area and continued to run does.

Just before dark I had a doe at less than ten yards and made good on the oppertunity. My confidence boosted slightly I was ready to return.

On the third trip there I knew I had to keep the dominate mule deer off of the feeder. I was sucessful and at almost the exat same time as the previous night he returned hot on the trail of a doe.  

As the played the love game all around for nearly a half hour I was wondering if I woudl ever get a chance.  Finnally the doe went to water and the buck stopped to eat a bite from the feeder. I had to draw slow but my shot connected. I hit to far forward I felt but the buck went down instantly. I knew he was not spined and without a though or hesitation I nocked another arrow and made a solid shot through the lungs. He got to his feet and bolted. 200 yards later I found him.  A crazy hunt to say the least.

I really like how you presented this deer, VERY classy, and very respectful! Great shot and one heck of a trophy, wow
   :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :clapper:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Thanks Richard. Good pictures are important to me.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©