3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Weight Tubes  (Read 398 times)

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Weight Tubes
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
I hated them.  Changed spine and nocks pop out. Just add weight somewhere else IMO. Or try first.

Offline Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Worse than popping my nocks out they made my shafts spin terribly; I could never figure out why a dozen new Beman's wouldn't spin that well until I took all the weight tubes out (which was a pain) and now the shafts spin perfect.  I'd say they're a no-go.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
I've had them in the past and will never use them again. Never had worse flight issues than then. There are much better ways to increase arrow weight IMO!

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
The best weight tubes are made by PSE for their Black Mamba arrows. Not a traditional tube and they have a felt like coating that keeps em from slipping. Never had a nock come out using these tube. I bet you can find em on the auction site or direct from PSE.

Offline Forrest Halley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by Thare1774:
The best weight tubes are made by PSE for their Black Mamba arrows. Not a traditional tube and they have a felt like coating that keeps em from slipping. Never had a nock come out using these tube. I bet you can find em on the auction site or direct from PSE.
I appologize for contradicting you openly sir, but I have been pelted with nocks from Black Mambas with weight tubes installed. When I used them regularly I had to keep a box of nocks with me just to get through a practice session. I have had the entire tube come out on two occasions and it was an interesting feeling to have an arrow that shoots back. If I were to use these tubes again I would apply some glue to the front end, reinstall them and swab the nock area with denatured alcohol. As is they are a no go.

To other gentlemen who claim the softening of spine or no effect on dunamic spine from internal additions:
I humbly beg to differ based upon my experiences. The only way I could conceive this being a possibility is if the material added was allowed to flop around inside and was not snug against the inner walls if the shaft. If it was snug, it would resist/impede the flexion of the arrow and thus enhance the recovery of the arrow from paradox and effectively increase the dynamic spine.

Caveat: All of my experience with both Black Mambas, their weight tubes, and weight added has been with bows around 100#@28". I have not always drawn 28" so to be candid the weight drawn was in a range of 85 to 100# at a length of 26-28". Your results may vary with other weight ranges and draw lengths.

Best Regards,
Forrest Halley
"Great strength is not necessary to shoot a heavy bow, it is but a byproduct of the dedication required."

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Besides the coated clothes line, the tangle free PVC decoy line holds some promise.  I just got 100' for $4 to toy with.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
I will say it AGAIN they DO NOT INCREASE SPINE. the weight tubes are basically a drinking straw with no structural stability!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©