3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Under Armour clothing  (Read 380 times)

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Under Armour clothing
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
Over priced.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
I just found one made by Russel Athletics for $35,more then half of the U A.

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 01:28:00 AM »
If you can find a TJ Maxx store close by, they have some good deals o base layer clothign at cheap prices. I have purchased North Face and Polartec base layer for $10 to $16 per piece.  Watch Cabela's for end of season; picked up merino wool top and bottom for $30 total.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
Don't know why there is so much hate here for UA. I don't work for them and have no affiliation, but I have nothing but great things to say about it. Their heat gear is the best base layer I have used, including wool. Mine doesn't stink either.

Offline Roughrider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
I don't like hoods so I've never tried their hoodie, though I have had other UA items.  The only thing I swear by are their boxer briefs - extremely comfortable and long lasting.  The other stuff is overpriced for how it performs.  Also, if I wear any synthetic long john bottoms the skin on my legs gets extremely dry after a day or two, itches like crazy - not a problem with wool - and I resisted wearing wool for a long time - I was sure the "new fangled" stuff had to be better.  

My biggest beef with UA is their logo predominately displayed on all their products - if they want me to be a walking billboard, they should give me the stuff for free, not charge three prices for it - same with much of the other outdoor clothing now.  I don't buy a lot of products because of their blatent logo positioning.
Dan Brockman

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
I own one. I like it. No complaints.

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »
I only buy it on sale. I do like how some of the clothes are made. But I do dislike how they plaster the logo all over the clothes.
I love Bow Hunting

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
I found Merino Wool works much better.Light weight in summer and the med. and heavy in fall and winter.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
I'm sensing a bit of a prejudice against anything other than wool. I've seen wool go for the same price as UA, just depends where and when you buy it and who makes it. I've used UA for years and I like it. Started using UA that the Army issued me and have since bought more. It is okay to be a trad shooter and wear something other than wool, just sayin  ;)

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »
I'm not a fan.  I bought a comparably poly pull over from cabelas on steep discount that I like much better then the UA version.

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Thare1774:
I'm sensing a bit of a prejudice against anything other than wool. I've seen wool go for the same price as UA, just depends where and when you buy it and who makes it. I've used UA for years and I like it. Started using UA that the Army issued me and have since bought more. It is okay to be a trad shooter and wear something other than wool, just sayin   ;)  
:thumbsup:

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
I've ignored this thread for the last few days because down south we dont see extreme cold much so clothing doesn't rank high on my list. I'm glad I can spend my cash on long johns and Gold Tip Blems!

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
I was a buyer for Under Armour products at a large outdoor box store, got to try out a lot their products, for runners, sports, or for just for casual wear their products are pricy but very good! As to their Outdoor hunting line, I have tried the Cold Gear baselayer, I have a 2 tops and a bottom they work well if you are on the move such as snowshoeing, stumping, rabbit hunting etc they wick quite well!The Camo hunting gear looks good but there is a lot better on the market for sure! A lot of UA products are made of the Heat gear fabric that fabric is designed to trap moisture and cool it  much like cotton, not good for cold weather outdoor functions! As to the price they are great marketeers of their products w those endorsements and all the visibility of UA products on outdoors shows, someone has to pay for that marketing! Its no differant than Nike shoes or North Face jackets some people want the label no matter what the price, doesn't mean the the product is bad but the consumer can always find brands that work as well or better for less, but if you are Logo or brand driven the price is what it is!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
I've owned the U A Cold Gear for 5 or 6 years now.  I have to say it is a giant leap ahead of the cotton long johns I used to use.  With that said, 2 years ago, I got my first set of silk long underwear.  I haven't worn my UA since.
Silk is often overlooked by people.  It is warmer for it's weight than any thing else.  Washes easily. Line dry,  hunt again.
For cold weather now, I wear silk base layer, heavy fleece mid layer and GoreTex outer layer.  Add to that a heavy fleece head/neck gaiter and I'm toasty.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©