3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson RavenStyk Hybrid td  (Read 150 times)

Offline Interseptor

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson RavenStyk Hybrid td
« on: December 21, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
Has anybody shot any of the new Robertson Hybrids?  Whatdo you think?
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline TexasStick81

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson RavenStyk Hybrid td
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
I'm interested to hear as well.  I had a post recently and there weren't many responses about the Robertson's.  They look great I'd like to hear what people think about them.
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 55@29

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
I shot a Quick Styk 2 years ago in Kzoo, it was a great bow. If I wasnt strapped I'd buy one no doubt. Never shot a Robertson that I didnt like for that matter.

Eric

Offline Cedar&Flint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
I have two older Robertson's one is their first generation long bow and the other is a perigrine recurve. Both are excellent bows and harvested a lot a game, but as I got older the draw weight was too much. I recently got one of their hybrid Quick Styks, 62" and 55# @ 28" and it is just an outstanding bow. It's got yew laminations over a bamboo core with a bocate riser. The wood they use is absolutely beautiful and the bow is smooth and fast. The short length makes it easy to handle in my Double Bull blind. I couldn't be happier with the bow. They're pricey but I think you get what you pay for. I like it so much that I would like to buy another for a back up. In short I think the new design is a great improvement.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
They are excellent shooting bows and the craftsmanship, like always, is impeccable.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:36:00 AM »
Dick and Yote are two of the worlds most amazing bowyers, and just plain cool dudes.

I shot a couple of their hybrid LBs at the Traditional Bowhunters of Montana shoot.  I'm not a longbow guy.  That's all I can say.  I can't get along with a bow that has a BH under 7 1/2 inches.

Dick did tell me they're as fast as his recurves, and I believe that.

I'm having a hard time right now deciding if my next recurve is going to be a Robertson Stykbow or another Silvertip

Offline tradlab

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
I purchased a ravenstyk 2 yrs ago.It is extremely smooth,shoots where I/m looking and is the most beautiful bow I own.It is also very quiet.Dick is currently making me another set of raven styk limbs for one of my other fatalstyks. I've taken 2 antelope and 2 big whitetail bucks in new york with it and couldn't be more pleased with it.You won't go wrong with a robertson ,there are 9 on my bow rack, my wife just smiles and shakes her head.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
This was on page 2
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©