3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Very sad news  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Very sad news
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
Very sad news.

It always made me smile every time Dal would say:

"I'm done buying bows, this is THE ONE!"

Offline SaskBushMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
I have never met the man but going from everyone's post he was a great man and a big part of alot of folks lives and trad archery.  My prayers are with his family and friends.

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Sad indeed. Blessings, Dal.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
Dal was a fine fine person, and he will surely be missed by the traditional archery comunity.  I never met him in person...only on the interenet, but that was enough for me to know his true character.  My condolences.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
Dal certainly touched a great many of us on our journey into traditional archery.  He was always a stable influence on LW, and was eagar to help anyone.
He was also my inspiration as a bow buying addict.
Happy hunting Dal!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Numitokayo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
Prayers sent to the family from both Sylvie and I.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2007, 06:55:00 AM »
Very sad news.  I only knew Dal through the Internet but always enjoyed our contacts.
Prayers sent to the family.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »
I hope his family see's this and knows he had alot of friends he never met. I said a few prayers for Dal as we exchanged info about our dads. He was a good one.

Offline oddan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
What a MAN in every sense of the word. I spoke to Dal on the phone a few times about bows,and after just a minute he made you feel like you had known him for years. He will be missed and always remembered. Out Door Dan
Out Door Dan

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Prayers for family and friends. If anyone is in contact witht Dal's family, they should make them aware of the postings, here and on the Widowwall and ***********. I know it lifts my spirits to read these and I pray it would lift theirs as well. Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
I never got to meet Dal but I certainly considered him a friend.  As stated above, he was always there to help in anyway.  Dal & I traded more than a few bows! I'm sure he's watching with the perfect bow now  :)   My prayers to the family...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
Godspeed Dal. You were one of the good guys for sure and you're contributions to traditional archery will be missed.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Never had the chance to meet Dal, but have read and appreciated his posts for a long time.  We'll all miss him.  May he hunt in peace.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Dal was a great traditional archer and hunter. He was also a very fine gentleman. It is hard to find enough words for the loss of such a good man. My sincere condolences and prayers for Dal and his family.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
Every time I saw Dal's name I thought of Spearhead Ranch, I know how much he loved it there. That is obvious in the picture. Take comfort in the fact that he enjoyed his life.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
Sad news...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Like many others here my only contact with Dal was via the internet. Nevertheless I felt I knew him and had a great amount of admiration and respect for him. I am happy to see his Spearhead ranch picture posted, it was clear that was a place he really loved and felt at peace. Hopefuly his family will see this and see how many people cared for and respected Dal.
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Same here. Dal responded to more than a couple of my 'stupid question' posts "back in the day".

You go Dal ! ..and congratulations on a job well done.   :thumbsup:  

Godspeed and say hello to a few friends and family for me.   :clapper:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
I bought several of his "rejects" :-)  I will miss ya Dal.

Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Dal not only liked his Widows and Morrisons, he was also into Howard Hill bows.  Some of his best posts were about the virtues and nuances of 'tests' he'd done on the many sticks he owned through the years, complete with photos, descriptions and of course opinions....always offered with a healthy enthusiasm.  You could feel the passion he had for stickbows, and for shooting.  The man practiced archery like his hair was on fire and his fettish for fine bows was a bucket of water, lol.  Geez, I'm going to miss him.

P.S.  The longbow in that photo of Dal is a little 58" Morrison Cougar that I purchased from him after his antelope hunt...and promptly blew a slam-dunk shot at a whitetail with, lol.  I still have a wall souvenir of that shot...a section of sapling centered with the imbedded broadhead that stopped inches from the deer's vitals.  I no longer have the bow, but the hunting memory will always remain and so will my fond rememberances of how it came to be.  Here's to you, Dal.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©