3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: is this nock point too high?  (Read 271 times)

Offline sndmn11

• Trad Bowhunter
is this nock point too high?
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
i am not sure which measurement would be called my nock point, but i will try to describe this so that it makes sense...
i use two tied on nocks, the bottom nock measures 15/16" from square, this is basically the measurement from square to the bottom of my arrows nock.  the top nock measures 1 1/8" from square and this is where the top of my arrow nock is.  there is room for a small amount of play onthe string for the arrow's nock to wiggle.  
the reason why i ask this is because i shot my broadheads today and they were going a few inches high of my field points at 20 yards, so i moved it up an 1/8" for both measurements and things are great, bh's bare shafts and fletched shafts all hitting with each other where i am looking.  
so i have two questions: 1) which is my actual "nock point" measurement?  2)  is this too high for my arrows nock to be?  it sure looks funny.  
thanks
kyle

Offline VinnieB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: is this nock point too high?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
if broadheads fly good stay with it. i had to move my nock up a lot as well and it looked funny to me too. just as long as it works.
Martin rebel recurve 45#@25"
Fred Bear Montana Longbow 50#@26"

"Hunting is the last perfect thing"
-Ted Nugent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©