3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What finger tab works best for you?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline tomcfc11

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What finger tab works best for you?
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
I have a bateman and like it...would be interested in trying out some of the new 3 under tabs that just came out this year to see if there is any real difference.

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
Bateman three under  :thumbsup:
Larry

Offline mulot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Ordered 3 different split finger tabs so I can try them first hand and see what I like and which one works best for me. I should have them soon, I will try them and get back with my first impressions.

The tabs are:

-E.W Bateman LH split finger cordovan with elastic band and finger separator.

-Black Widow LH split finger super leather.

-AAE Cavalier Elite LH split finger cordovan.

Offline pitt98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
BW Palm Tab
Damon Howatt Super Diablo 54# @28
BW PSA 60" 51# @28
RER Arroyo 58" 60# @28
Kwyk Styk 54" 54#@28
Eaglewing Talon 11 62" 53# @28
Zipper Nitro 60" 47#@28
Allegheny Mt longbow 60" 40#@28

Offline HenrikBP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
Bateman Cordovan 3-under.

I tried the Cavalier Elite and the BW tabs as well, but the Bateman works the best for me.
Morrison 17" ILF riser w/ "long" foam core recurve limbs. 47# @ 28"
Morrison 15" metal riser w/ "Short" Max1 limbs. 45# @ 27"
Toelke Whip HS TD 58", 47# @ 28"
Martin Hatfield TD. 55# @ 28"

Offline markliep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Black widow split finger/spacer

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Yves, I think you will find that the Cavalier Elite tab will be the hardest one to get use to, at least it was for me.  The metal plate always seems to be in the way, but I now have my best release using it.  It really helped me with getting a deep hook and stopped me from torquing the bow string.  It felt very awkward at first, but it was time well spent for me.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
I make my own three under tabs. They are very much like a neet palm tab.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Buranurra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
I am also a big fan of the Scott Teaschner cordovan tab. THe rubber O ring is a great feature making it easy to spin the tab to the back of your hand when not shooting. The string feel is very good.

Offline mulot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Well I received the various finger tabs I had ordered and after clearing out the snow from a record snowfall we just had, I found some time to shoot my bows to try out those new tabs.

Here are my first impressions.

Bateman:

This is a very simple well made cordovan tab. I use a large glove and ordered a large Bateman and the fit is perfect no trimming needed. It is close to shooting with a glove there are no index ridges or reference to but the string this is fine if you don't have problems finding a deep solid hook. If you are good using a glove you should do well with this tab. I was able to shoot good from the start with the Bateman. The cordovan and suede padding are thin and give a good string feel w/o finger sting with FF string on a #50 bow. What I like about this tab is that it is solid light weight well made and yet very effective. You tend to forget you have it on your hand. For the average price of $10 this is a steel.

Wilson Black Widow super leather:

This tab is somewhat more elaborate than others in the all leather category. It feels comfortable and offers more padding than the Bateman. The red leather overlap top part offers a small squared ridge to but the string that I like. The velcro finger strap I don't like and would prefer a stretch band. The large tab was to long but easy to trim to my size. The tab shoots well and the super leather is similar to cordovan. Having something to but my string square at anchor helps getting good repeated groups.If you snap shoot instinctively on the go you are better off with a glove or a Bateman tab.

This tab is more suited for someone that prepares his shots. There is a bulk feel in the hand that lets you know it is there at all times. Over all this is a good low priced nice well made tab.

AAE Cavalier Elite cordovan:

I was not so keen on getting this tab thinking that it had more to do with target shooting.I am a mechanic and machinist by trade and I have a particular appeal for well designed metal parts so I could not resist getting this metal/cordovan mouse trap. I first used this tab with the thumb shelf and finger separator. I replaced the lace finger cord with an elastic round one that permits easy flipping of the tab on the back hand when you need the tab out of the way. On that tab you can but the string square against the aluminum ridge for repeated accuracy . Once I found a good anchoring I was able to repeat outstanding shots.

The bulk of the tab is an offset, I removed the thumb shelf to ease things for the better. Like Old Chief said stick with it and you will get good and like it. Well I think that's what I am going to do.

This tab is not as comfortable has I would like it. At first I could only get good shots using the straight up target shooting form, but now w/o the shelf permitting a more stable anchor on my cheek bone I can shoot my bow with a slight cant like I prefer.

I found on the net drawings with measures of the various sizes of this tab. From that I made some light cardboard templates that I could try in my hand, the large size seemed the proper fit. My order went in for a large and it turned out perfect w/o having to do any customizing.

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
Bateman/ cordovon
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
Mulot thanks for the review. I was looking forward to it. Very helpful.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©