3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sons new bow  (Read 141 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
Sons new bow
« on: December 23, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Well I finally got him on the right track LOL. He has been shooting a compound seens he was 4 now at the big age of 9 he thought he might want to shoot a bow like dads. So me and the Misses were down in Little Rock and went to Archers Advandge Bought a new Ragim Matrix.J. 24#s at 24"s. He only pulls 19"s so on my scale its about 16 1/2 #s. He is shooting Easton 1716 lites with 75gain tips total weight is 325gains. I know I should have bought a better bow from one of the sponsors butI didnt know if he would like it or not well turns out he is hooked. I cut his arrows to 26"s I was affaid if I cut them any shorter they wouldnt fly right. Do yall think I could cut this any shorter to lightn them up a little. I dont know if I am doing it right but I have him gap shooting,I shoot instictive I thought it might be to hard for him to learn what do you think    Mike

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sons new bow
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
Sounds like you have him a good bow to get going. Leave the arrows where they are for a while and see if his draw increases as his experience grows.

And let him shoot short ranges and figure out his style to get on target. If he struggles getting good groups after shooting a while then try to coach him in a direction that will show improvement and keep him interested.

Sounds like an addiction is brewing.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
You deliverd him from the dark side. May the force be with him.(and you)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Kill I'm gonna need all the help I can get with this boy. He makes staight A's honor roll Gifted and talented and Quiz bowl so what do ya do with a boy who wants every thing, I guess I will be spending more money on his stuff than I do on mine lol. He has already ask for me to build him a bow I am new to the bow building stuff so it will be my first one. Gonna try and get 22#s at 20"s if I can do my reserch on how to make it come out to that. I have a form so it will be a R/D bow bout 48 or 52 "s what do ya think

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Go to a dollar store or party store and get a bunch of balloons.  I remember as a kid the fun we had trying to pop balloons blowing in the stubble of harvested cornfields.

:archer:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©