3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fiberglass arrows  (Read 358 times)

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fiberglass arrows
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
I still have some K10s that I use for hunting. I like them and since I have had them and hunted with them since 1970, they are durable and make a nice hunting shaft.

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
Had em when they came out when I was young. They were terrible shafts for me , it didnt take much to send the points up into the shafts.
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »
Only thing I remember about the fiberglass arrows was a microflite of some size..(can't remember) fish tailing towards the biggest buck I'd ever (and may be still) seen in my life.

I was in a homemade loc on one afternoon about 1968 when the Bluejays started raising Cain and I thought a cow was coming up the hill. I could see sapling tops shaking, bending down and hear branches cracking. Then I saw a big dark brown body of a monster size buck. He was just walking over everything at a steady pace. Wasn't but about a medium 8pt but he was a giant.

He got about 20yds broadside and the microflite was on the way. The rear end waving back and forth..right before it got to his kill area the fletching end hit a sapling and the buck jumped sideways knocking down a 10" dia. dead tree. I've hated fiberglass arrows ever since. Although, I'm sure mine weren't the right spine for my bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©