3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone wolf hand climber bow holder problems??  (Read 359 times)

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lone wolf hand climber bow holder problems??
« on: August 19, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
I just got a Lonewolf hand climber stand. I also got the recurve/gun holder grommet. I am useing a narrow limb longbow. I can't seem to get the bow to sit securely in the grommet. It keeps wanting to fall one way or the other. I know it isn't sturdy enough to trust while sitting in a stand hunting, I assome it isn't working right because the limbs of the bow are so narrow. Any of you guys found a way to rig it to accept the narrower limb bow and keep it in place securely? Thanks Steve

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone wolf hand climber bow holder problems??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
No idea what it looks like but can you slip a piece of hose or tubing over it to take up space? Hap

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
You could build up the sides of the grommet with the fuzzy side of adhesive backed velcro. Worth a shot. Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
I have the grommet on mine but since I use a bow quiver it is useless for any of my bows.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Bobby Castello

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
I love the lone wolf stands  own 2 lock ons and 2 climbers but the recurve/gun holder grommet is not worth a darn. All of my bows want to move front to back and left to right and it takes alot of movement to get it out and ready for the shot.
I just put a hook or tree step above me and hang my bow so that the lower limb is at shoulder level.I think you will really like the stand but forget about using the bowholder grommet.
                      Good Hunting! Bobby
Hunt hard,but have fun!

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
Here's a home made bow holder that will probably work better than what you're using.  I've been using it for years on my Lone Wolfs.  It's just a loop on the front of the stand that I put my bow tip into and then rest the bow back against my body between my legs.  This assumes that you'll be sitting, of course.  First, need to pad a small section (3-4 inches) of the front edge of the stand with tape.  Then tape a small piece of cord/rope about 3-4 inches long on either end to the front of the stand.  When you tape it, leave enough of a gap/space between the rope and the edge of the stand to be able to slide your bow tip in it.  It's important to keep the gap or hole as small as possible.  Otherwise, the bow limb tip will slide too far down into it, and it will be difficult to remove.  Good luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©