3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Maddog Bows..???  (Read 307 times)

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
Maddog Bows..???
« on: August 19, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Anyone shoot his recurves? How are they? Fit,Finish,Quite,Smoothness ect ect.

I've read the reviews on his pup bows but can't find anything on his bigger recurves.

I'm shopping for my 19 year old son. I need a good recurve in #45-#50 range and his budget is about $300. I've been watching the classifieds and stuff and if he had the money right now I'd be all over that check mate for sale here.

I'll probably end up getting a good used bow for him from the classifieds but if these bows compare to say Martins, Check Mate ect I'm going to give the guy a call.

TIA

Edit:
Mods..I put this same post in the classifieds by accident. Please delete that one.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maddog Bows..???
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
you might want to check with Manyfeathers on this one he is a sponser on this site under git-r-done archery he also has a large selection of excellent chekmate bows and should be able to get you set up very close to $300 good luck and good hunting Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
you cant beat a chekmate recurve for the money..outstanding value.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Mike makes a great bow.  Fit and finish is excellent and Mike is a great guy to deal with that truly loves what he is doing.  I can't say enough good things about him.  Give Mike a call and tell him what you are looking for and see what he can do for you.  I think you will be very happy!

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
Delin...just 'cause nobody can spell my real name...now I am going to have to change my ""manyletters"" handle...  :jumper:  I haven't seen Mike's adult bows but if they are anything like his "pups", I am sure you will like them!!

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
I 3rd that Mike is the way to go.  I have one of his longbows and love it.  He is a great guy that will work hard for you.  He will make you exactly what you need for your boy.
Kate
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Sorry Dennis the heat is getting to me must have fried my brain this weekend
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©