3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who shoots the large Eclipse 145gr broadhead with the 7/8" bleeder blade  (Read 232 times)

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I am wanting to know if the 7/8" bleeder blade on the larger 145 gr broadhead really makes a difference or not.As far as blood trails go.
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who shoots the large Eclipse 145gr broadhead with the 7/8" bleeder blade
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
Here is the reason for the question.I have bear trip booked this spring in Canada.I have shot the 145 eclipse head for years even before they where called eclipse.I have had some great and not so great blood trails.
I have hunted with the Simmonns tree shark the last couple years with 4 whitetails shot and great blood trails on all 4.(Huge blood trails)
It seems that a lot of people see the need for a multi blade head on bear.I want to settle this part of my equipment if you know what I mean.I can not imagine a bears hair and fat closing the hole behind a simmons tree shark.I like blood on the ground and lots of it.
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline Paul Shirek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
I shot a nice bear with just that head two years ago...ran only 35 yards... shot a buck last year with it...ran  40 yards... use it with the bleeder.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
If ya want a littl more cut, Braveheart sells a 1-1/16" bleeder that works in the Eclipse heads.

Eric

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©