3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What are the best arrows for me? :)  (Read 235 times)

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
What are the best arrows for me? :)
« on: January 01, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Hey all!
pretty new to archery but It's an addicting thing and great fun  :)  Im thinking of ordering a Maddog midsized longbow around probably 50 - 55 pounds, I'e just checked out the easton and goldtip charts for bare shaft spine selection, thought it was going well but then I saw the huge amount of arrows that were actually on the easton product list .... I am mostly going to do target shooting in my garden and some stumping near my house but maybe even hunt some small game (rabbits and squirrels) from time to time, Im looking for a quick, accurate arrow that is durable enough to withstand stumping and versatile enough to interchange blunt points - field points and broadheads,  Can anyone help me with this?
If your never prepared to make mistakes you will never come up with anything original

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What are the best arrows for me? :)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
Easton Traditional Only probably in the 340 and Carbon Express 250 and then just play with the tip weights. I would guess starting around 175 grains.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
What's your draw length? When I shoot carbons I shoot Gold Tip Trads. I shoot 50# longbows. With my 27" draw length I cut them 28"'s and 225 to 250 grains up front.

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
bentpole My draw length is 28.7 inches. So alex your recommending I go for carbon arrows? Iv'e also heard some good things about the easton legacy arrows?
If your never prepared to make mistakes you will never come up with anything original

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
I've been out of archery for a while and when I got back into it about two years ago I found out that most of the aluminum arrows were too short for me that's why I went to carbons. I like them for the most part. If you want to try aluminum and are new to this I would go with the camo easton arrows. You have many more to pick from and the nock is adjustable where as the heritage are glued on a taper. I think they come around 31.5 if you leave them full length you should be able to get by with 2117 or 2216. I found some 2216's long enough for me and I'm having to go pretty heavy up front with 200 or 225. You might be better with the 2117's

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©