3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Longbow: A Hunting Life" - Special Club price!  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
"Longbow: A Hunting Life" - Special Club price!
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »

Read Below for Special Club Pricing/Offers!  
Thank You, Tradgang! Karen and I woke up this morning to find that (at least for now) our book "Longbow: A Hunting Life" is #1 on Amazon's Kindle (e-Book) Archery list! We know that TradGang Members were a great part of that success. Here's what folks have been saying!

"One of the absolute best reads I've had my hands on in outdoor writing. Different, heart touching, a can't-put-it-down read. Both thumbs up!" David Mitchell

"One of the best written books I've read in a LONG time. While this is a hunting book  ... it is much more than that. Exceptionally well done." Terry Receveur

"All I can say is Wow!! Great writing. Couldn't put it down once I started. I have always considered Dr. Thomas as the standard for outdoor writers. Your book will sit comfortably on the canoe book shelf right next to his. Your style is refreshing and honest. Thank You." Brian Thibodeau

"Campbell is the needle, the reader is the thread. Prepare to be woven through a complex fabric of life, love, loss, and retribution on a globe trotting journey." David Tetzlaff

"This is a masterfully written book by one of traditional archery's great adventurers." Don Davis

We have been working with club representatives to provide books for banquet and shoot prizes at reduced rates, just shoot me a message. Here's 2 Special Offers to consider:
  Special Offer #1:: buy 10 books for your club at $15 each (plus bulk shipping), and we will donate $50 to your club!
  Special Offer #2!  if you are a club rep and buy a book for yourself at retail ($19), we'll send you another one endorsed to the club at no charge for your shoot/Banquet.
At this point we have given away well over 150 books, one way or another, to clubs, soldiers, folks who just couldn't pay, etc. And last, for any of you who wish to read "Longbow" in the new year, the e-book is $8.95 on Amazon.com, and the paperback is still on sale, signed and endorsed by Karen and me, for $14.99 (for another two weeks, then it goes back to $19) at  www.campbellsquest.com.  
  Thanks Again! - Jay and Karen Campbell
The how and why of hunting is more important than the what, or the where, or with whom. In hunting - as in life - the joy is in the journey.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Longbow: A Hunting Life" - Special Club price!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
ordered !!    thanks,  really looking forward to the read !
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
Just got my hardcopy Monday.  Ordered off Amazon.  Can't wait to read it.
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Taught Jay everything I know about bowhunting hogs....which is don't be in between where a charging hog is and where it wants to be. Karen, being the smarter Campbell understood. Jay, of course, wanted to test the theory.
DonD

Offline Exit Felix

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
Bought the paperback as a Christmas present for my dad from Amazon.  He's looking forward to reading it.  I plan on buying the Kindle version for my iPad (via the Kindle app) once I finish Undaunted Courage...may be awhile!

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
Don, I prefer to think of myself as the hormonal Campbell, while Karen is cerebral. By the time Karen has thought it through, I'm already injured. :-)

Nicholas, don't rush "Undaunted Courage." Outstanding read. Then get Ambrose's "Custer and Crazy Horse". Now THAT's writing. :-) - Jay
The how and why of hunting is more important than the what, or the where, or with whom. In hunting - as in life - the joy is in the journey.

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:00 AM »
TTT

Offline statikpunk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
actually just finished your book last night Jay.  It was good reading.  I never really contemplated hunting in Florida but with the way you write about it, makes me want to book a flight for some swamp stompin'  :)

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »

Thanks! Yep, you have to come down and try it! Here's a picture of Karen Campbell, her tracking Jack Russell, Widget, and two pigs she took with her longbow in the space of a half hour! We were heading to the store from our hunting lease when she saw the sounder of hogs, jumped out of the truck, and disappeared into the woods. Pig hunting is a ball! - Jay  www.campbellsquest.com

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Jay's book is a GREAT read    :thumbsup:

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
My goodness!! That skinny young lady draws a #70 longbow. "AMAZING"  :notworthy:    :notworthy:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Mark, I just called out to the kitchen: "Hey Karen, Bowmarks thinks you're young!"  She's still laughing. :-) - Jay

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Just ordered one from your site, can't wait to read it!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
Just ordered , looking forward to reading it. Opted for the book from your site.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Ron and Danny, your books are signed & endorsed by Karen and me and on their way! Duker, thanks! Bowmarks (Mark): thanks for the note to Karen - made her day! To all tradgangers, thanks for the support, and come see us on Facebook! - Jay  www.campbellsquest.com

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Order mine last sunday. Hoping to get it soon as the mail man finishes reading it. lol
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Just ordered mine now - Always looked foward to your articles in some of the magazines, cant wait to read the book!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Got my copy yesterday and I'm savoring it chapter by chapter. Good stuff Jay!
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
A really great read !!

You spin a good tale..

Offline Jay Campbell JD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

Thank you all, very much, for the kind words. We're on Facebook, where we post images and updates every day. Here is a great shot of Karen and Rich King, our hunting companion on Melville Island, and his great buffalo. We're also making progress on the novel, Archer's Paradox! Hope to have that out at the end of 2013.  - Jay and Karen  www.campbellsquest.com  Our new e book is on Amazon, with over 55 color pictures.    :archer:  
 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Longbow-A-Hunting-Life/170177666451804

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©