3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Annual End of Season Squirrel Hunt (EOSSH)  (Read 818 times)

Offline Brad_Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
First Annual End of Season Squirrel Hunt (EOSSH)
« on: January 18, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
If anyone's interested, and in the spirit of Terry's "2007 trad hunt challenge" thread, a bunch of us here in Illinois are getting together on the weekend of February 3-4 for some squirrel hunting at Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Park, located in West-central Illinois, about 40 minutes northwest of Springfield.

This is in celebration of the fact that our squirrel season was extended this year to February 15. We're calling it the First Annual End of Season Squirrel Hunt (EOSSH), and it should be a great time... a bunch of trad archers engaged in some serious squirrel hunting, along with lots of eating, sitting around campfires, telling stories... how could you go wrong!

Send me a PM if you need details/directions or whatever.

Take Care,
Brad
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Annual End of Season Squirrel Hunt (EOSSH)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
I think Kenny and I will be there.
We can get to Petersburg, OK, what then?
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Here's a link to the park, including directions.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/R4/jepc.htm

Offline Brad_Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
John,
Go west out of Petersburg on Newmansville Avenue. You will eventually come to a T-intersection, which is Newmansville Road. Take a left on this and the main entrance of the park will be down a little ways on your right.

What interstate would you be coming on? If you'll be on 55, I could probably tell you an easier route than going to Petersburg.
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©