3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blessings of THE GREAT HUNT-pics added page 5  (Read 5366 times)

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blessings of THE GREAT HUNT-pics added page 5
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
OK....I understand an Apology is in order    :rolleyes:  . I had every intent in keeping up with this Hunt, howsomever, when ya gots only 4 days ta hunt, fish, an fellowship some meals get back burner-ed. And we all know where we tend to place our priorities, when this happens.

BEFORE any thing more may be said, I must admit to a fault that I have and one we may all share.

When this trip first started, it was amongst Kindred spirits, people that I knew, a safe social setting if ya will. Then I was ask if one could bring a friend. Sure says I, then the mind starts it's little games, What's the friend like ? Will he fit in? Will he like TECATE?  We all know how these little games go. After this trip with JC, I have come to the conclusion, THAT what your gonna end up with is a person JUST LIKE the person they are commin with. In this case an ODD SHAPED JC....Same Heart, Same Thoughts, and same NO HUMOR   :bigsmyl:  

As Miss Kim said, this was a pretty relaxed hunt

We did manage to get that thrown into the mix from time to time though

I do hope that y'all will BARE with me I now mus make up for four days lost work....I'll be back

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »
Been wait'n on ya' brother!  But I knew what was going on and tried to be patient....
Looking forward to hearing all about it!  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
Now those pictures just ain't fair!!! I've got my truck packed and my travelin clothes laid out. Just about everything but the kitchen sink is in there and I'm scheduled for an early departure tomorrow A.M.

I know from phone conversations with Vance over the last couple of days that Joe had a great time and was just minutes away from putting it all together on a speed goat. The boys a quick study if you ask me....took me a year or two to put it all together.

Sounds like I can hold on to the "Hair Brained Scheme" trophy as well. Joe just went right at them.

Supposedly he's got a no fail spot picked for me to try when I get there. I'll take the pre scout.  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Sunnybear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
Charlie is truly all set to get on the road tomorrow morning, and included in all the packed clothing,bows, and coolers, You will find ...no ccokies..  :help:  But...if`n ya look real close you just might find..  :thumbsup:  A couple of pans of Homade Bread Pudding...and maybe   :campfire:  Just a few things to keep up the sugars, for the Great Hunters to stay alert  :archer:  Happy Huntin!!
Charlies Sunnybear

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »
Have a safe trip Charlie. Look forward to reading about your adventures. What tags do you have this season?
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »
Chad...I've got a couple (two) doe/fawn antelope permits waiting for me and a general Mule deer permit in my pocket...didn't draw elk this year.

Deer season doesn't open for a week, so I'll have some undisturbed time with the antelope and I'm really looking forward to that.

With 1200 +/- miles to go and all that fudge, I should be there by noon.   :D  

I'm out the door, so see you in a couple of days. Hold down the fort.  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 06:43:00 AM »
If you don't save some for Vance, you may be sleeping in the truck! Good luck buddy!
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
Reckon I should say something to the WIFE  :scared:    :scared:  You know give her a HEADS UP  :confused:  Or just let him show up  :help:

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Miss Kim,did JC make it home yet??? I've been waiting to hear how it went.bd

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
Yeah ya just might make mention of it Vance. As you told me, when he shows up, he don't leave for a month or two  :D  

Summers over and ya got somebody to shoot with  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
Just a short "howdy" to let you all know I arrived in Wyoming no worse for wear... well, maybe a little.
My hind end is draggin from too many hours in a truck seat and eyes bugged out from a thousand miles of super slab staring.

Funny how my attitude changes when I cross that Wyoming border. I was almost "perky" when I finally roled into Laramie and holed up for the night.

Got all my gear moved into the room with me, grabbed a hot shower and promptly passed out in the middle of "Pirates of the Caribean".

Daylight found me on the road again and crossing the continental divide with a bright mountain sky burning holes in my retinas through my rear view mirrors.

Roled into Vance's place around 11a.m. and immediately got behind the lense of his Zeiss spotting scope.

The antelope are here, I've got all my incidental permits, conservations stamp, archery permit, etc., in hand and a plan for tomorrow.

Though Vance had been saying that the antelope just weren't around in numbers like in the past, they started making their appearance en masse soon after my arrival.

Maybe they've just shown up to mock me... they've been known to do that. If that's the case, then all I have to say to them is MOCK THIS... I've got a trusty bow and a quiver of razorsharp Magnus I w/bleeders I'm gonna tickle a couple of funny bones with.

I'll be getting into full hunt/story mode tomorrow and have a feeling it's gonna be a good one.

There's antelope to outwit and mule deer to scout in anticipation of Terry Green's arrival in a few days... hold onto your key boards boys. The hunt is definately on.     :campfire:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Bill Shepard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
Any antelope that would dare mock you, obviously hasn't read of your past exploits.  

Good luck on your hunt Charlie.  I love reading your stories    :archer:
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
Glad to see you made it there safely. Good luck my friend, i'll be rooting for ya.  :thumbsup:
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
Go gettum fellas.  Good luck!

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »
My hind end is draggin from too many hours in a truck seat and eyes bugged out  
What did you sat caused that again?  :confused:  

:biglaugh:   Have fun! CK

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
Bring it boys!!!!    :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Back home but work must get caught up....stories and pics to come...
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
Come on Joe,I gotta check out of this hotel in a couple days.bd

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Fall and all the things, we look most forward to. Are just beginning, or just around the corner.

The experience’s of those that are shared, and so looked forward to. Last as long as the four seasons. And some forever etched in our minds.

They never go at the speeds wished, weather it sharer or the shared with.

So go ahead etch me, and I’ll try and not be grumpy about it. (Time factor wise)

As the story is as good as the hunt.

hormoan

Oh yeah we are waiting, (dang it there I go again, and I said would'nt)  :D

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
Sorry guys, we haven't been on the puter since JC got home. We had two birthday parties and a funeral this weekend. Add to those the fact that football started in full swing last week. We traded one ballfield for another....only now we have both boys playing at the same time. Life is about to get crazier....
By the way, pray for JC.....games start on opening day of deer season. They did that last year too. Bless him....he has to chose boys or hunting. Never an easy choice. We have our fingers crossed that we will draw the later time slots. Still kills the dream of a long awaited FULL day in the woods....  :(  

JC will be caught up on the work stuff and on to give you some stories soon.

Sunnybear, you are the woman. Charlie is one lucky man to have a woman like you to stash goodies in his gear. Sounds like you were a baking fool....
Thank you for picking up my slack.   :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©