3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow selection / spine/ tuning results for a DAS  (Read 228 times)

Offline Elk Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow selection / spine/ tuning results for a DAS
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
Well I believe I have the answer,
I will be using a Carbon Express Heritage 350 that has 12 grain / inch       spine .320 I will have these cut to 30" I shoot 29"

this is how I got there

I was shooting a Carbon Tech Rhino at 500 grain and decided to increase the weight, so I addded 3 gr / inch tubes the entire length so notw at 600 grain overall
Went to tune the bow " paper tune" and found that I had to move the plunger out away from the riser another 1/2" total 5/8" away to remove the tear in the paper showing a decresed spine in the arrow.

By adding the weight tubes I decreased the spine of the arrow dramatically so I took a cx 300 carbon express and thinking it was a .300 spine shot it .
I also received a tear but it was decreased the cx 300 is closer to a .380 spine.
Then I shot a cx maxima 350 spine about .340 and the plunger was adjusted closer to the riser and again sticking out approx 1/4".
the bow shot good with no tears up down " this would not be due to spine" or left or right "spine issue".
I will be using the Heritage 350 carbon express spine .320 once I add the weight tubes it will decrease the spine some and I will have to see how it shoots.
Any how this was a real lesson in spine and paper tuning a bow.

I am shooting a DAS Master at 63# @28" and about 65# @ 29" my draw length yes I have the 52# winex limbs on it.

I greatly appreciate all of your help in getting me on the right track. I will have a finely tuned bow while Elk hunting in New Mexico in 3 weeks

Hope this can help someone else
Bill
Das 60" 65#
Border Blk Douglas 62#
New Border  hex 5 limbs 76#
Habu Death adder 64" 64#
ACS CX 29" at 70#

And a yes a Compound just 1

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow selection / spine/ tuning results for a DAS
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »