3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Review of the new Sasquatch  (Read 580 times)

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Review of the new Sasquatch
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Good shootin', and DAMN FINE bow you got there! Sure is a looker. I hope my results are as good as yours. I'm on the list.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
I had a feeling that bow might shoot a little better with a string nock...But you are going to have to start using a 5 spot NFAA target and quit busting up your arrows like that bro.... those things are spendy....LOL

I got a little story for you... i spend a bit of time shooting every bow i build while i'm balancing the limbs.

When i was getting Doc noc's bow limbs balanced it was summer time and i had the shop roll up door wide open with my target block outside.... When i took her out to shoot it for the first time there were two ground squirrels running around my wood pile...... all my bowyer instincts went on hold as i ran back in the shop and grabbed my goose arrow off the wall.... i keep a Flu-Flu tipped with a 2 blade zoooowiki broad head all the time right by the door so when i hear the geese flying over i can grab and go with what ever bow i have strung at the time ....

The first 3 shots out of Doc's bow i damn near got me a gray digger.

The first shot was a wee bit high. I skipped that broad head right off the squirrels head and fur flew... i thought i nailed the little bugger! but Nooooooooo... i rang his bell pretty good, but after flopping around a bit, he jumped back up and ran to the top of the wood pile. The second shot i missed clean due to chuckling at full draw.... That was the funniest thing i'd seen in a long time... That first shot had cropped his ears and gave him a flat top hair doo.... The 3rd shot went a bit low and I cut the tip of his tail clear off and he must have jumped 6 feet straight up... i about died laughing....

I saw that same squirrel off and on all summer and i named him "Bob".... So if you guys ever come by the shop and see a bob-tail squirrel with cropped ears and a flat top.....That's just Bob.... and Now you know the "Rest of the story"....

Sorry bout that Denis....i had to tell that story.... I spoiled Dave's first blood hero story with his Sasquatch, because i got first blood with the first shot out of his bow.     :saywhat:    

I'm glad you like the bow and she comes back easy for you.   Shoot low brutha....  Kirk

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Now there is just funny!!!
Bobbed his ears and docked his tail., LOL
I'm not a bit surpirsed about the performance of the bow. I've been telling everyone about these bows every since I got the first one. El numero uno. one piece and it will never leave me.

Anyone looking for a really great bow need look no further.

That is just one pretty bow Kirk,. You outdone yourself bro.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
Great story about olBob Kirk,but now ya kind of gotta let him hang around for seed dont ya?You know,unless he is getting into the fancy horse chow or somethin.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »
That is a great bow! Beauty and performance in one package,who could ask for more? Congrats on a fine bow and my compliments to Kirk!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »
Very nice now!
>>>------John------>

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
Beautiful bow!  You better send it to me before it wrecks all your arrows!  :thumbsup:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
Denis,

I TOLD YOU that you'd soon be focused on the performance, now didn't I???  :)

Kirk's an artist, sure, but before artistry, he puts more engineering and testing into a bow'z design, and then each individual bow's fabrication then you can imagine.

In the end, we benefit from his anal pursuit of excellence and beauty both in form and appearance!

I love the part where he asked on how much you cant the bow... lol.  

Yosemite Sam II is pretty slick!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
Funny story

Wife and I are levying in bed last night talking about the new boy.
She lays claim on my long bow

Seems she has been scheming on it for awhile and was waiting the right moment.
Whelp I learned along time age.
When Mama's happy I'm happy
She'll be shooting the old long bow but no way is she getting the squatch
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Dude,

You typin on one of them dadburned I phones or what?

Is all that CA speak?  Just what in tarnation WERE you doing with your wife when "Levying in bed"????

Never mind...this is a family site!    :eek:  

And congrats on your pregnancy...how do you know it's a boy already???    :bigsmyl:

Reading between the typos, that is a funny story.  Neat that your lady likes to shoot and was satisfied with your Hand-me-down bow!

Shortly, all other bows in your stable will feel like ugly stepchildren...DO NOT let her even handle the Squatch...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Well Doc I'm using a iPad with big stubby fingers LOL
This thing likes to help me spell

My saving grace is the wife can't pull the Squatch or believe me she would be after it

She did hint that it would be nice if  Kirk could make one her size
Maybe next year ?
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by petalumapete:
Funny story

Wife and I are levying in bed last night talking about the new boy.
She lays claim on my long bow

Seems she has been scheming on it for awhile and was waiting the right moment.
Whelp I learned along time age.
When Mama's happy I'm happy
She'll be shooting the old long bow but no way is she getting the squatch
I can only think of one thing to say to a woman that can draw a 57# bow.... and that's "Yes Mam"

You know it's not completely out of the question to have a pair of Sasquatches in the house. i could easily build one for your wife if that would help ease the hand me down bow syndrome.   :readit:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kirkll:

You know it's not completely out of the question to have a pair of Sasquatches in the house. i could easily build one for your wife if that would help ease the hand me down bow syndrome.    :readit:  
Isn't that sweet! Kirk is such an understanding and accommodating person, huh, Denis!    :eek:    :rolleyes:    :knothead:    

I wonder if he sent out a note to your wife at your mailing address with just that information and a link to his website???

What are friends for?    :biglaugh:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
We must have posted at the same time Denis... Keep something in mind here bro... if you wait a whole year i may have a year waiting list by then, and then she'd have to wait 2 years....   :eek:    :eek:  

Could you live with that bro?

Now if you were to put in another order soon... i could set aside matching limb veneers just like your bow...and i just happen to have a riser that matches yours pretty darn close that would be perfect for a lighter poundage bow.   :readit:  

I don't think these veneers are going to last very long....

food for thought...

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Wow, that is a great looking bow!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
You boys sure know how to carry on with some humor...  :laughing:  

Denis, I did the same robinhood stunt with my bow from Kirk within the first twenty arrows.  Haven't put it down since.  Congratulations on a beautiful selection of woods and craftsmanship performance goes without saying.

You have not shown the shelf side of your riser yet.  Is the G 10 I-beam exsposed or did Kirk lay a piece of that burl over it?  I tend to prefer the contrasting I-beam myself.

Good shootin brother.

~CB
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline DeerBacon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Almost looks too good to shoot! Great job Kirk and keep up the good work.
" I got a new bow for my wife, It was the best trade I ever made! "

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
Great looking bow!
James Kerr

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Beautiful bow, Denis. Glad you didn't have a coronary when you finally got it...some of us were very concerned for your health!   :D
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Andy Cooper:
Beautiful bow, Denis. Glad you didn't have a coronary when you finally got it...some of us were very concerned for your health!    :D  
Andy,

Denis kept posting when it didn't come yet another day, he was cranky...I was fearful that his better half brained his sorry butt with a fat fry pan to straighten up his attitude...

Looks like she endured with a secondary motivation...take his other bow!

Denis, having a woman who'll shoot with you and "Levying in bed" I think you should just bite the bullet and grab that other riser and set of limbs... You only get a good woman like that to come around the barn once in coon's age!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©