3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wood Arrow FOC Calculator/Predictor for Tapering Arrows  (Read 121 times)

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
Wood Arrow FOC Calculator/Predictor for Tapering Arrows
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
I posted this is the Bowyers Bench originally but I figured I'd post it here as the PowWow gets alot more traffic.

OK everyone I hope this is the right place to post this, if not Mods, please let me know.

Here's what I've got. It's an Excel Spreadsheet which will allow you to predict the FOC of a wood arrow after tapering the nock, point or both.

It allows you to input the arrow shaft diameter, the point size, and nock size (ex. 5/16), the desired arrow shaft length, point/broadhead weight.

Then input the starting weight of the arrow shaft before tapering, and the starting arrow shaft length. (i.e. 500grains and 32").

The spreadsheet will calculate(technically predict) the arrow weight, and FOC for several standard configurations (i.e. 10" barrel taper, 10"nock taper, Breast taper, and full length back taper.
(Warning:These calculation assume 10grains for fletching weight which is in between the actual weight of 3 4" feathers and 3 5" feathers, but the difference is negligable)

The spreadsheet also allows you to predict the outcome of a custom taper using the input fields for "Nock Taper Diameter", "Nock Taper Length", "Point Taper Diameter", "Point Taper Length".

Here is the link to the Spreadsheet
 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjnDzfB_4akudGpFTzhXV2RoS0pfTkUyWEU4WnhOaFE#gid=0

Any Questions just Ask. Thanks

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wood Arrow FOC Calculator/Predictor for Tapering Arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
Interesting. I'll have to play around with this.
Thank you, David
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wood Arrow FOC Calculator/Predictor for Tapering Arrows
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Good luck David. Let me know how the weight calculation corresponds to real life if you end up using this, then tapering. Thanks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©