3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Okay you Toelke Whip guys...got pics?  (Read 343 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Okay you Toelke Whip guys...got pics?
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
I've recently posted quite a few questions in an effort to help make my next bow purchase.  I wanted a longbow I had never owned (yes, variety is the spice of a trad-life).

I decided on a Toelke Whip.  Well, thanks to one of our very own, I've got one on the way.  I'm impatiently awaiting its arrival and would love to see some Whip pics.

Mine is 62" and #50 @ 28".

One question I have....can someone explain the difference between the HS bows and the non-HS bows?

Thanks

Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Okay you Toelke Whip guys...got pics?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
Can't help on the HS VS non-HS, but will try to get a pic or two up tomorrow.

Love mine.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
I have the HS version and I believe it is explained on Dan's web site.

Offline Tutanka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
The HS version is the high "High Speed" version.  Dan slightly tweaked the limb tip section on the 58", 60", and 62" whip bows.  This created a slightly faster limb on these lengths. Dan was happy with the limb design on the 64" and 66" bows.

This change was made last year if my memory is correct.

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »

Here's my 62", 53# @ 28 Whip, woods are Macassar Ebony with Dark Myrtle limb faces.  I wanted a camo-ish look and Dan showed me these which I really like.  Her name is MTB and she has 5 kills in 2012, my first year hunting exclusively trad.

You will not be disappointed.  As many Whip owners can attest, the Whips are real shooters.  But all of the Toekle bows are functional art.
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »

This is the only longbow I have shot that shoots as fast as my recurves. I like the longbows for the light weight but hate pulling more and getting less. Dan Toelke has a good design and your efforts for pull are given back in performance.

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
WOW ! Very nice bows !
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »

Really Really like it!

Good HS description above too...
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Love the lines of the bow, it just flows from tip to tip. I also like the tips on the bow very smooth, they just blend in from the limbs to the end of the limb. Not like some that look like a block on the ends.

I would love to try one, well maybe not because then I would probably want one lol.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
Tom, your whip is right up my alley.  I saved your pics of MTB when you first posted it on arrival for future reference on ordering.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Hi Whittler..

I really like the tips too.
I've never cared for the looks of those blocky tipped bows either.

If you're looking for a lightweight and very slender longbow,that is dead in the hand, very quiet, and quite a bit faster than average I honestly don't know of a better candidate.

The grip is really nice too. The bow has a much meatier grip than you'd expect from such a trim and slender bow.

Not to mention the wait time is normally measured in weeks not months....

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
Couple more things that should be said....

Dan ( I didn't get a chance to speak with his Son ) is a very nice guy. He helped me quite a bit over the phone with attaining a proper ( or at least much better) release.

Also, I'm a picky son of a gun. I didn't find one single solitary flaw in the craftsmanship of my bow...not one.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned but Pete Ward did a great review on the Whip, go on his site. Pete Ward.com

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Hope you don't mind me highjacking the thread with a few Toelke Lynx photos...   :D   Still has the same slim lined feel and slight thumb rest with the ability to pack and go!

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
I really don't think there is a single bow that comes out of the Toelke's shop that isn't PURE CLASS.

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Pretty nice Tim! I just picked up a 62" Whip 1 piece,and boy it is a well mannered,good shooting bow.
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Hey Rat...good to see you!  I just got a new riser for my set of 60" longbow limbs on Monday! I've got to take a few photos for you.  It has a real different look.  Mostly Pau Ferro, cocobolo and some dark ebony.  Kind of antique looking   :dunno:

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
Here's a few photos of my new Lynx riser.  Micarta / Pau Fero / Cocobolo / Ebony

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©