3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just gotta talk about this....sometimes I shoot so badly  (Read 650 times)

Offline bluej

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just gotta talk about this....sometimes I shoot so badly
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just gotta talk about this....sometimes I shoot so badly
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 02:18:00 AM »
I think what ddauler typed above might be appropriate possibly?

It may not just be a bad day or one of those days.

I read you were having trouble getting to full draw.Not being able to get to full draw is often a sign of target panic.A really strong guy with all the power he needs cant get to full draw and shoot comfortably if he has this symtom of target panic with even a light bow when (shooting at a target).Nothing to be ashamed of if thats the case!!!Many superb shots have had to deal with the gremlin if it gets in thier blood

I think you can retrain your body and mind if this is the case?I am sure you can!Hard work,determintation,diligence and a good knowledge base is of utmost importance to address the issue if you think it is what is getting in the way of descent shooting.It wont happen overnight.No magic bullet.I think your game because of your frustration and obvious desire to improve and your love of archery!

Thier are many other symtoms and all lead to poor shooting.Some folks have it and dont know it.

I would do a search in the Shooters Forum on the subject and see what you think.

Thier are excercises and programs you can follow to overcome it if thats the problem.Jay Kidwells book Instictive Archery insights is worth a serious look and the Zen of Archery mentioned above.

Stay positive and work smart to get better.

I was at a point of not getting to full draw and spraying arrows all over the place and wanting to break my bows arrows etc and give up.It is frustrating.I am much better and enjoy shooting now and get to full draw,havce a dynamic release and hold on target well.I am having some seroius fun and alot less frustration.

I was a very good shot before this TP stuff got  started years ago.Placing high in 3-D shoots and harvesting alot of game.With the TP symtoms absoluty horrible!

Not saying you got it.But its possible.

I would recommnd a light bow to begin retraining your form and your mind slowly overtime.Be patient.Dont beat yourself up to much either.

All the best!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©