3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Long Draw shooters  (Read 438 times)

Offline Bozz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Long Draw shooters
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »
I have a 31" draw and my Legends bow hit the weight right at my draw legnth. Draws smooth, shoots fast, and no hand shock. I feel your pain. I broke 4 bows in 5 years the only ones I haven't broke yet, are my Stewart, and my Legends. Both men stand behind their work. Since you're in Pa. you might look Leon Stewart up, go shoot some of his bows at his shop.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
Where are you at in PA? Maybe we can get together and you can shoot my bows. Also Leon Stewart is in PA and only a couple miles from my place. Let me know if I can help
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline KRW2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
My buddy shoots a 62 leon , didnt work either hit the wall maybe need longer ? Don't know at this point , do I need a bow to be made to 31 ? , or can I buy a off the shelf bow that will pull 31 without the stack , talked to a upper end bowyer and he said only his new limbs wouldnt stack on me and he said a lot of bowyers will tell you that there bows wont stack either but if you were to test them after 30 inches they would show a poundage increase,getting increasingly greater as you go over 30 in , he told me that's the nature of the trad bow and even his longbow limbs wouldnt work for me if I wanted to shoot in the sweet spot not at the end of it , he knows of only a couple of bows that would do me justice , just trying to figure out which ones, now looking used instead of taking the hit on new until I find a couple that will actually shoot in the sweet spot instead of at the end

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »
I draw 30.5 and neither of my Predators stack. One is 60 the other 62". My B handle Bear T/D's with # 3 Rose Oak limbs do not stack. And my 64" RER LX doesn't stack. I notice some stacking in my one piece 60" Super K's. But, very little, if any in my one piece 64" Super K's. The worst bow I've "ever" owned was a 71 or 2 Super Diablo. 55# @ 28" AND 71# @ 31". Plus or minus a couple of lbs. on three different scales. Now that's stacking !!

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 12:34:00 AM »
KRW2, I remember reading somewhere, that a long riser with short limbs will stack more than a short riser with longer limbs. But, the former will produce more speed. Perhaps thats why my Super Diablo was a fast bow.

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
Bigfoot Bows. Kirk will build you anything you need with no stack and great performance. Check out the recent thread on his 64 inch recurve.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
I know my 64" Schafers are very smooth. I do agree with the shorter riser longer limbs make a bow much smoother. With a 31" draw you shouldn't have any issues with performance. I also have a Widow PLX Longbow that is 66" and really a pleasure to shoot. My offer is open for you to shoot my bows!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline KRW2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
thanks for the offer Big Ed, but im in sw pa looks like we are about 6 hrs apart, got a couple buddys who shoot trad , but all shorter stuff,trying to get to denton hill this year to try some, Ken

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Alaska Bowhunting's Qarbon Nano
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline speedwalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
I  draw 31-32" and i have a 68" Stewart Longbow that I really like, and a better person you won't find.

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
It seems that every time I turn around people are asking for recommendations on bows to fit their specific needs. Usually I tell them to give Dan Toelke a call. Not because Dan is a magician but because I have shot all his bows and talked to him personally, my experience is almost entirely with Toelke bows(incidentally his 62" Whip does not stack at my 32" draw).

That said, here is the deal, any bowyer worth his salt can make a bow which will not stack at your draw length. (There are however, some designs which should not be pushed to a 32 inch draw)

A lot of good bowyers frequent this site and they will all tell you that they are happy to work with you and make a bow which makes YOU happy. Craftsmen make their living by excelling in customer service and the sponsors here are top notch.

All of which to say, my advice is to pick five or six bowyers who are sponsors on here and give them all  a phone call. The bowyers know their trade and are happy to help you out. Get expert advice first and you won't suffer later.
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©