3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Poplar Shafts  (Read 234 times)

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
Poplar Shafts
« on: August 20, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
I saw that 3Rivers is now offering Poplar Shafting and I wondered what yall thought about them??
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Offline Ham

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Poplar Shafts
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I'm interested too.  I need the 34" length; so I was planning to give them a try.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
I haven't tried 3r's poplars but I have made my own some years ago and had pretty good luck with them.  Straighten nice and fly pretty good. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
I have had good luck on straightening them, but after shooting them for an entire 3-d season, I have found that I must check them for straighness OFTEN. A simple check and hand straighten usually does it. You need to check them just about every shot so you're not surprized by a crooked shaft....IMHO....Terry

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
Check out Twig archery.  He has a good supply of poplar and carries it in parrel and tapered.  Good prices too!
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©