3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting camp practicle jokes.  (Read 936 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting camp practicle jokes.
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Well as the off season approaches quickly I figure we all could use a good laugh. So if you have a good story of a practical joke from hunting camp please tell.

We had a guy at our club that was as cheep as they came, he would never contribute to the pre dinner snacks or the group bottle of wine, but would always help himself to it. So we got some epoxy and glued quarters and dimes around the cabin to the floor,table, end tables and even under a few bunks. It was great watching him over a two day time bending over and trying to pick up the change. His frustration was worth a million bucks.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting camp practicle jokes.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
My bro made an elk hoof stamp on a pc of firewood, and put tracks all over camp while everybody was out.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
We had a guy spend the first 5 days of an elk hunt staying in camp. We finally shamed him into hunting and the day he hunted my buddy and I found out where he was going. He parked at a forest service road closed gate and I wrote a note and placed it on his windshield. It basicly said he was parked in violation of a code #1156 that specically prohibited parked within X amount of feet of a forest road service gate and if it was found there again it would be dozed out of the way as all forest roads had to be open for emergency vehicle access.Then I signed it with a fictious name and badge #. He got so mad  that was the only day he hunted and every night that was all we heard from him.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Years ago on a bear hunt we had a kid along just for the fishing, it was his graduation present from his parents.  About the 4th-5th day he came down with a terrible cold.  He took a bunch of over the counter meds that we had in camp and fell into a VERY DEEP SLEEP.  One of the other guys in camp had a plastic "turd" in his gear.  He slipped it into the poor sick kids shorts while he slept.  When he awoke the next morning he had a strange look on his face.  We asked him what was wrong, if he felt ok?  He tried to stay in his sleeping bag until we all went outside, but we made sure that he was never alone.  He finally had to get up and was relieved to find out that he had not actually soiled himself.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Thats fuuny
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »
We have a guy in deercamp that can't find his way anywhere and gets boogered up in the dark. He had about 40 glow tacks to mark his way in less than 80 yds.  we slipped in one afternoon and moved his tacks into a big circle. The next morning he circled back to the truck three times before he realized we had got him. Good times

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Beer spewed on monitor!   :biglaugh:  

I'm taking notes on who not to hunt with!

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
True story...........

Bowhunting in big woods, I had a buddy that was afraid of getting lost so myself and the others gave him a compass and showed him how to set it to get back to the road where we parked. WE went in well before first light, down beside a giant cutover and planned to meet back at 11:00 and go to camp for lunch. You guessed it he didn't show, so we blew the horn, still nothing. Returning about 2 ish we again blew the horn and heard him hollering. He was in the middle of the cutover with a bow and climbing stand on his back, took him another hour or so on his hands and knees to get out to the truck. He was wringing wet and buggered up pretty bad. We tried to figure out how he could get off in the cutover he said the compass was messed up. He took it out and showed us all how it didn't work. He had it pointing north then turned it a half turn and said: now it is pointing south.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
In a muzzle loader deer camp, when a new guy came into the fold, we would stay up late and play cards. When the new guy went to bed we'ed set all the clocks, watches, alarm clocks ahead. We'd let him sleep for a hour and them wake him up at say 1:00am. We'd tell him he over slept get him to grab his clothes and head him out. We'd him in to the woods and head him to his spot for the day. He'd be sitting on post at 2:00am. He would think it was 5:30am. He would sit there for hours on post in the dark thinking it would never get light! We  'd all go back to camp a snooze before we went out at correct hour.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline Ibow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Not really a practical joke but this thread made me think of it once again ...

One time on an Ontario bear hunt, we arrived a day early and some of the guys from the previous week were still in camp and just finishing up. One guy had taken a bear and was in the process of having it skinned and we were all standing around watching. The successful hunter happened to mention that another guy standing there with us had also taken a bear. All of us half expected the other hunter to invite us to take a look but the conversation went kind of quiet. Finally one of the guys in our group asked, "Where's your bear?" The guy didn't say anything, he just motioned off to the side, pointing to a Bronco parked nearby. The conversation again went kind of quiet until again, one of the guys in our group finally said, "Well, let's see it - we'd love to have a look at your bear." The guy just sheepishly walked over to his bronco and lowered the tailgate. There in the back of that Bronco was a bear that couldn't possibly be much bigger than a beagle.

We all kind of stood there for a minute not knowing what to say. Knowing the guys I bear hunt with are a bunch of clowns, from the looks on their faces, I knew SOMETHING was coming, but, LOL, I had no idea what. Finally to break the deafening and terribly awkward silence, one of the guys says, "Well, looks like you made a nice shot." At that point I almost walked away because I could just hear these guys doing everything they could to keep from busting out laughing after the "nice shot" comment.

Again, after a few more seconds of terribly awkward silence, one of my buddies finally says, "Well, it'll make a really nice toilet doily." There was no longer any awkward silence ... there was about a 1/2 dozen guys rolling on the ground laughing their heads off.

I did feel kind of sorry for the guy. He knew he had shot what was essentially a cub and he felt bad but I gave him credit for claiming it and doing the right thing.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Several years ago, somebody gave my buddy one of those Billy Bass things with a motion sensitive switch.  He snuck it into my ground blind where I wouldn't see it entering in the dark.  Yeah, he got me.  Started my morning to "take me to the river".
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Tears... Too good picturing some of these.
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline Q73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
Great stories. I will add a few later.
Turkey Creek Extreme - 57#@28"
Black Creek Banshee - 41#@28"
Yellowstone Express - 53#@27"

Online elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
When breaking deer camp one year, I took the camp style portapot with the bag liner and put it in a friends boot. When he got home he put his boots in the closet and forgot about them. Maybe a month later he had a terrible smell in his foyer. He could not find where it was coming from and thought it was a dead mouse. The next fall when he started to get ready for the new season he found his boots with a bag of dried up poo in it. When he told us I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

Offline Lotech Joe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
One year in elk camp I made it a point to bring along a box of Milk Duds. The evening before we started hunting, I told my hunting partners I was going to go scout things out a bit. About 200 yards from camp I emptied my box of Milk Duds along side of the trail in the snow. The next morning as we all walked past them I was going to say; "Look at that. It looks like elk sign." Then I'd stop and pick one or two of them up and pop them in my mouth declaring; "Yep, elk sign." It would have been a great joke if I hadn't stared laughing so hard. I gave mysel away.
Shoot with a friend, Lotech Joe

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
I had some buddies at camp play a dirty trick on me so the following week at deer camp,everyone was responsible for bringing a different covered dish for the evening meals. I was in charge of the deserts. So I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting...oh yeah, I forgot to tell the pranksters that the "chocolate frosting" was mixed with 2 boxes of EX-LAX ! Needless to say, the next morning , while I was in the woods huntin, my buddies were a little "busy" ! I got to hunt my favorite stand site without an argument that morning ! I don't get mad...just even !

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
I have fart machine that fits in your back pocket and works off a small remote.  While at a campground a man and his very very large wife with a mouth to match her hind end would come over to our camp with her husband and drink wine.  The more wine the louder she got sooo I got the fart machine out and taped it under the seat of the pic nic table and made sure that everyone else took up the rest of the available seats.

Over they come and they both sat on the same side of the table where the fart machine was and as luck would have she sat right over my little farter.  I waited about 5 minutes and hit the button and a small fart came out.  It was all everyone that was in on it could do to contain themselves. My machine was set off four or five times letting out a differant fart each time with the last one being a loud loose sounding fart.  After I hit the button for the last time she jumped up and in a very loud voice pointed her finger at her husband and proclaimed, "its him, he does it all the time" and walked away.

I have more fun  with that little machine.  My wife tells me to grow up when I play with it but I just tell if I grow up I will just grow old.

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Lol........you guys are nuts! John I can picture the lady and how she must have looked when you set it off each time.
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
A remote control fart machine.
Beats the old whoopie cushion by a long shot.
A bunch of guys in a camp - basically not a grown up in sight!
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
The first use of survey tape, ribbons, flagging, etc., I saw was a group of new members in the one hunting club I ever joined. It was the early 70's and a bunch of us took vacation the first wk or two of bow season and camped up at the land.

The day before the season my friend and I were scouting and saw all this ribbon hanging everywhere. We knew the new guys were going to hunt this area and figured out what the ribbons were for, so we decided to pull a joke on them and re-route the ribbon into a big circle.

We also pulled the old alarm clock trick on them. They figured it out after an hr or so in the woods.

Don't think I would pull those kinda tricks today..people take things more serious.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©