3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting camp practicle jokes.  (Read 938 times)

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting camp practicle jokes.
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Every year I bring this 6 foot cardboard cut-out of Freddy Kruger to the deer cabin. It gets hidden in various spots throughout the season. The reactions are wonderful!

Offline findbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
After high school I married and went to Purdue I was working at fairfield gear and going to school I missed 3 hunting seasons and my hunting buddies (family)  kept bugging me about coming home and hunting. I gave in and came home they told me they had a great stand for me to stand in. They put me in the stand before daylight the wind was blowing so bad I had to hang on with one hand I couldn't shoot my if I had a shoot. We will come back and get you 11:00 am rolls around here they come I ask did you see anything they say the wind was blowing so bad they just went to breakfast and a nap in the truck. They said a big collage boy could figure it out they where wrong was going to be and engineer? How for the rest of the story that night I did get my buck with my Ben Pearson recurve.

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
For several years in a row, a buddy at my camp sat at the same spot along a field edge on the opening day of the Pennsylvania spring gobbler season.  Last year, another guy at camp found two pink flamingo lawn ornaments at a yard sale.  He bought them and strategically placed them near my buddy's turkey setup.  When daylight arrived on opening morning, there were two pink flamingos instead of a gobbler in front of him.
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Offline dingas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Not my story but my old boss was at his deer camp a few years back, and one morning was really windy and just crummy weather, so a couple of the guys decided to go looking for grouse instead. Well he heads out and on the way to his stand he sees a grouse drumming on a log, facing the other way. He figures to see how close he can get with the wind howling and all, and he gets closer and closer and it never detects him, so he figures maybe he can catch it. Sure enough, he dives at it and actually catches it. He put it in his backpack and goes deer hunting. Back at camp he asks the others if they saw any grouse. They grumpily tell him "nothing moving out there." He calmy unzips his pack and lets the grouse out of the bag. It runs all over the cabin for a few minutes... nobody had the heart to kill it after that so they opened the door and let it out. He said it was definitely worth ruining that pack!

Offline bowlvr614

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »
My uncle was a joker.  He would nail things Down. Glue things together.  Hide stuff.    One year at deer camp, everyone decided it was his turn on the receiving end.   My brother had gone squirrel hunting and had a few tails.   One night before turn in time, I retired early.   I place the tail deep inside his sleeping bag with a long piece of fishing line tied to it.   Later when my uncle went to bed, he was almost asleep when my brother slowly started pulling on the tail.  Then just started ripping up the sleeping bag.  My uncle busted the zipper, just about tore the camp apart getting outta there.  Due to the laughter that ensued shortly there after.   There were a lotta threats of a butt whoopin. But it would have been worth it.
Live for something or you"ll die for nothing.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Great stories Guy's!  :)
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
My buddy's day has a wooden leg just below the knee, but he gets around so well you can't tell.  Around the fire at night he used to casually bring the axe down on his wooden foot while chopping wood.  He'd mutter a bit and then act like nothing happened.  The new guy in camp always thought he was the toughest SOB in the mountains.

Offline koops4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
Great stories.  Can't wait to hear more.
Paul

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
When you have people fall asleep on the way to or from hunting, the rest area trick is always funny. Just pull up to the front of a semi and blow the horn and start screaming. When they wake up the reactions are worth it even if they beat the tar out of you.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
I don't know if the sound in the wall at Ray Hammonds' is a joke or not.......but it got me.  Sounds like a bobcat in there....tough time sleeping that night.

This thread rocks!
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
There was 5 of us standing around a campfire, and my cousin was twirling a live 243 round in his fingers. When no one was looking he swithched it out to a spent casing then proceeded to drop it in the fire. Everyone went diving for cover and he stood there laughing his rear off.

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by The Vanilla Gorilla:
Every year I bring this 6 foot cardboard cut-out of Freddy Kruger to the deer cabin...
That's as far as I had to get with this statement. Thought I was gonna bust a gut!

:notworthy:
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
These stories are priceless! Thanks for sharing guys  :biglaugh:
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Remember the one from Bows on the little delta where I think it was Glen who coming back to camp one evening on the trail they were all using found a huge pile of bear crap...he took out a piece of toilet paper smeared a little on it left it right beside the pile of rank sh#$. Said the reaction from the other guys coming in later on was priceless!     :laughing:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
When I was younger I went up north to hunt with my friend that I grew up with. We were hunting in the Adirondack Mnts. were you could literally walk all day and never see another person. On Friday night I took the liner out of his boot and put a beer cap sharp side up between the boot and liner. The next day I see him limping along some power lines at sundown, he walked sunup to sundown with that beer cap in his boot. Anyway he limps on over to me and I ask him what's wrong he says his foots killing him so I ask is there anything in your boot to which he replies he feels something in there but it wont come out. I ask him if he took the liner out and he tells me they don't come out, I say sure they do that's how
I put the beer cap in there , 30 years later we still laugh about it.

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
This thread read if you haven't seen it and it gives me a reason to harasses Knawbone.
I've been staying at Davids hunting camp for a few days hunting the 3,000 acres of state land bordering his property. Well after oatmeal and coffee we all know what's next for most old hunters?!?

So after 4 days of sneaking around digging cat holes I went to the super Walmart and fixed the situation! I didn't ask or tell David I just thought I would let him find out on his own. He has a rather good sence of humor    :)  
Coffee...

Hollow stump from logging last year...

Traditional stone arrowhead shaped floor...

And... The test! Lol sorry guys... Ugh shield your eyes!!!

TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
I love saran wrap on the toilet.  put a sheet between the toilet and the seat.  hopefully they try to pee not do number 2, other wise it is quite a mess.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline MagicBH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »
I have 2 that worked like a charm.

1: While camping on a hunt out of my buddies pop up camper I removed the jack stands on his side and made sure he was first to go lay down. Well he was and the camper worked just like a school yard teeter totter. His end slammed into the ground throwing my empty end skyward and he just about rolled out of the canvas. Still makes me laugh to this day as I type this.

2: No one in camp knew I had a deer decoy with me. I put some toliet paper on its tail and ears to make it more lifelike in a gentle wind and put it out in the woods about 40 yards from our camp. With bright eyes thumb tacks it really did look alive in an early morning light.I hit it with the flashlight to show the guys there really was a deer out there. They snuck out, grabbed their bows and as the sun rose the stalk was on.

3 Arrows later the 1 hole in my decoy was worth the laugh and the chuckleheads couldnt figure out why she wasnt running away after 2 misses and a hit..

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2015, 05:00:00 AM »
I don't have time to read thru all of these but long ago a guy on one of these forums told us about joke where at hunting camp and before cell phones everyone turned all the clocks ahead like 3hrs to play a joke on one guy,,,, well the alarm goes off they all get up and get ready and walk out the door to hunt.     right after the guy that's getting joked on heads into the dark woods thinking is 4:30 when its really 2:30am everyone else went back to bed.

I guess the guy came back and lit cherry bombs outside the cabin when he realized after two hours the sun still wasn't coming up!

I still think and laugh about this story, with phones we can't do this now but its a funny joke.

hope the person who told this years ago tells it again I'm sure I missed something
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©