3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beeler Longbows...Any Opinions or PICS??  (Read 190 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Beeler Longbows...Any Opinions or PICS??
« on: January 20, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
Hey all,

Not long ago I recall quite a few guys were showing off their Beeler Longbows.  I think he even sent a couple to the troops in theater.

I liked the looks of them, but I don't remember reading many field tests or user thoughts on them.  I probably just missed them.  The bow I am talking about is a 1 piece and it's maybe 58 inches and a drastic r/d style.  It's almost like a Cupid bow, but not quite.  Seems like it would be a great choice for tight quarters or blind hunting.

So I'd like to know if anyone here has one and if so, what do you think of them?  How do they shoot and perform compared to other R/D bows you have shot?  Lastly, how about posting some pics of them if you have some sitting around on your hard drive.

Thanks

Nalajr

Offline TRB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beeler Longbows...Any Opinions or PICS??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »

I like my Beeler Tracker. 56" 50 lbs @ 28
Wish I had better pictures.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
I had one made for me that left alot to be desired in the fit/finish department. And the two woods in the riser started to separate shortly after I got it.

I had to refinish it and secure te riser...prob should have contacted the bowyer, but was not really wanting another after I got it...wasn't that nice overall...shot ok but didn't stand out IMHO.

It was quite a few years ago so it may be different now.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »

I don't have this bow anymore, but it was a great bow to me. It was 56" and all osage and clear glass.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
Here's a pic of mine.....    

She's a sweet 52#. I ain't sayin' she's real fast, or any one thing special. She's just fun to shoot, nice, easy and accuratte. I got the bow from a fellow TGer, then traded it with another TGer and she took a month gettin' to Canada. After a failed attempt to get her back she was sold to another TGer that lived back in the Ol' U.S. He said he'd sell her back to me if he was to sell it, and true to his word she's back on my wall,and as they say on Duck Dynasty ,,,I am Happy, Happy, Happy   :bigsmyl:

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 01:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by joekeith:
Here's a pic of mine.....    

She's a sweet 52#. I ain't sayin' she's real fast, or any one thing special. She's just fun to shoot, nice, easy and accuratte. I got the bow from a fellow TGer, then traded it with another TGer and she took a month gettin' to Canada. After a failed attempt to get her back she was sold to another TGer that lived back in the Ol' U.S. He said he'd sell her back to me if he was to sell it, and true to his word she's back on my wall,and as they say on Duck Dynasty ,,,I am Happy, Happy, Happy    :bigsmyl:  
yup pleasure to shoot. Last two arrows i put through it put a bare shaft and fletch arrow into the 5 on a 5 spot target.  Loved the grip as well
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline braveraven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
I have 2 of his Trackers, both have been excellent.  One is 45, other is 53.  No problems with either one.  Both are 56" but they don't seem short when shooting them and are quick and quiet.  Comparing them to other bows, I really think the handle and riser design is it's best asset.

Offline bluej

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
I have one 47 @ 28 58 long. It is a nice shooting bow. I've had no problems at all with the bow. The handle fits my hand like a glove, Dave makes a fine bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©