3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many of you shoot less in the winter months?  (Read 551 times)

Offline Bighornangler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many of you shoot less in the winter months?
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
I rarely shoot in the winter any more. I use to try and shoot in the garage for form and muscle build up. I don't enjoy shooting in the cold outside. I'm only 77. Do you think that may have something to do with it?

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Yes.  Dark by time I get home from work is a bigger reason than weather, but we had a very rainy winter, so that didn't help either.

Can't wait to start shooting more.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
I do not shoot as much...it does not lend itself.  I do try shoot at least every other day though, even if it is just a few arrows.

Kris

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
This is the longest I have gone without shooting.  The flu into bronchitus has kept me indoors for a over a week.  It is harder in the winter for sure.  Early sunset and cold temps can make it tough.  I can't shoot indoors (old house, low ceilings) so I shoot my outdoor target when ever I can.  Once my archery club at school starts I get fifteen minutes to a half hour after the kids leave before the gym needs to be used every day.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Fortunately I have an indoor 3-d league I shoot at that starts the first week of Jan. and goes to the beginning of April. Trad only. Then the outdoor tourneys start and run up to the start of bow season. I definitely shoot more arrows during the off season.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©