3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finally Ms Buck with a History dead  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally Ms Buck with a History dead
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Well this story actually begins 3 years ago.  Thats where it all began and the first pics begin to show up of him as a 3 year old.  The Buck was named MR T.  We got pics of him every summer in a stand that is known as the T stand with three foodplot lanes shaped in a T.  Hence the name Mr T.  Every summer on the same trail we would get pics one time.  Last year however we got a lot of pics of him.  In one spot in the woods a thick privot hedge I put dps on it.  Every afternoon he was there.  Well I called up one of my best friends Tom Pittman aka SPURS and the hunt was set.  The first afternoon he was in the tree here he comes he comes to 15 yards.  Tom draws down on him and looses the arrow.  Big problem the goldtip nock blew up on release and the buck trotted off.  The next day the buck returned to the same spot and pegged him in the tree.  He stood at 50 yards and stared at him until dark. This was the last weekend of deer season last year.

Fast forward to this year we got pics again.  Only this time it was in a completely different area.  On one of our scouting trips we see him in the bean field he is a litte wider and heavier this year.  Well after that he was a ghost we had all almost forgotten about him.  

Sunday morning I found myself perched in a tree in a place that is often overlooked and rarely hunted.  Seth (graybarkhunter) was about 250 yards east of me we were both hunting the same buck a buck known as turkey spur.  A bruiser with massive beams and 8-10 brows.  Tom aka Spurs was about 600 yards south of us.   At 7 am I heard a stick break on a ridge to my right in the wide open woods I see a deer coming.  I ease my binos up it's HIM!!!  He proceeds to come down the road and walks by me at 40 yards headed straight to Seth.  I call seth and tell him to be on the lookout.  20 minutes later I get a text "He is 75 yards and closing".  I sit there not very patiently waiting hoping that Seth has smoked him.  I hear something in front of me its a doe.  She crosses the creek with nothing but her head out of water(so much for my funnel).  I get a text from Seth "He is headed back to you".  I stand up turn around and get ready.  Ten to fifteen  or so minutes went by and nothing.  Well I'm feeling a little sleepy with the sun getting me all toasty so I decide to turn around and sit down.  As I do i hit a branch of a tree in front of me it sways and nocks my arrow of shelf and it makes all kinda racket on my riser.  I reach for my arrow to slide it back on the shelf and catch movement.  I ease my binos up it's him it's MR T.  I send a text to Tom and Seth MR T at 40.  He stands there eating privot for what seemed like forever.  Finally he turns takes two steps toward me and then one step into the creek.  I am thinking well there he goes, he get's his first leg chest deep into the water.  Then all the sudden he backs up turns and is headed straight at me.  The wheels start to fall OFF.  I lose it he takes a couple steps and stops.  I calm down, he starts to eat privot again with the sun in his face.  He is looking up in my direction I can feel my heart start racing again.  He takes a left which will put him walking by me on my right.  I shift my feet that direction for a shot.  He starts walking he is still pretty far.  I am trying to decide to stop him or not.  He is a t 28 yards he stops pulls his rear legs forward and begins to urinate on his tarsals.  I think he wont react to shot Now with his rear legs forward.  I draw and get to anchor look at him and turn loose.  I MISSED hit a twig and went over his back.  He bounces two jumps to his left back the way he came.  Looks around and pulls his rear legs forward and starts to urinate again. He is now 31 yards his head is behind a tree, quartering away and rear legs are up under him.  I rip another arrow out of my quiver.  This time I come to draw anchor hold PICK A SPOT and let it loose.  The simmons treeshark absolutely destroys him. I can see blood shooting out and he is snow plowing. In a matter of seconds I here a crash.  The wheels absolutely come off I lose it legs shaking ,full body shivers and a racing Heart.  I send a text to Seth and Tom.  DEAD DEAD DEAD.  I call Seth i tell him what happened.  He says come get me I'm gonna stay in my tree and see if you push the other buck my way when you get down.  Tom replies did you really shoot him in disbelief.  Yep is all  wrote.  I'm COMING is what he replies.  Well the river is up and all the creeks are flooded.  Tom gets to the culvert and shoots me a text that says Culvert out.  I replied Jump it.  He says I can't.  I say get wet. I ease down there to pick up Seth.  We return to the spot where I had shot MR T.  We here walking, we look down the road and see Tom and he looks pissed.  He walks up soaking wet.  He begins to tell us what happened.  He tried to cross a laid down tree over the creek.  He had a good limb to hang on to above his head so he started easing across it.  He gets to the center and crack his foot hold gives way.  Well he still has the limb he is hanging onto WRONG.  It breaks and he goes completely UNDER WATER.  

Back to Mr T.  When I shot him he was across the creek.  So Seth and I begin to look for a spot to get across (Tom wasnt to concerned as he was SOAKED).  We get across and find my miss arrow and then find the second spot where he was when I hit Him.

Blood everywhere and this was where the arrow hit.  After 25 yards this is what we find.  Simmons treeshark and lots O Blood.

Ten yards later we find my Buck.  MR T is dead.

What is amazing about this story Is it is almost one year to the day that Tom missed him and he hasnt been seen but once this whole year and that was during the summer.

Even though we all skipped Church this Sunday morning, We all know it was the man upstairs that gave me the second shot On Mr T.    There Is NOTHING better than Friends Like Seth and Tom and sharing so many Awesome hunts together.  Thanks

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally Ms Buck with a History dead
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Congrats!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Great job!

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Wow he is a brute.Mr T is a good name for him congrats.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
WOW...that bunch of you sure have lots of stick bows, sitka gear, and big bucks! Congrats!

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Awesome!  Congrats!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
SWEET!   :thumbsup:

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
Congrats on an awesome buck!!  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    Great post and congratulations!

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
Congratulations! Good story to.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
nice.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
Congrats! That is awesome! If you guys ever need someone to do some culling, let me know! Lol.
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
What an awesome animal!  Thanks for sharing your hunt with us!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
NICE! and a 3 year old story to boot.
You boys look to be having a lot of fun.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
Sounds just like my hunt Saturday, minus the deer.
Great story and a very good shot. Congrats

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
You sure have been putting a hurting on the eight points down there!! AWESOME...........
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Congrats!!!

I too had a deflection and got a second shot at the biggest buck I ever killed.  Somethings are just meant to be.

What a dandy buck!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
awesome !!!  congrats !!!
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Way to go! What a beautiful 8. Congrats on a fine deer.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©