3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cajun Getaway  (Read 1344 times)

Re: Cajun Getaway
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
WOW!!!!! Just WOW!!!!!!

Bisch

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »
You can say that again Bisch.  WOW!!!! is a great description of this entire trip!

While some might think it would be a bit disappointing that we weren't able to hunt more than we did, Jeff and I sure would not think that way at all.  Hunting is good, but the chance to experience the food, the culture, and the joie de vivre down here was truly something special for us.  I can't thank everyone that had a part in it enough - the memories will stick with me forever.  Hopefully the pounds that I gained while there don't do the same   :rolleyes:     My belt was let out an extra notch for the trip home.....

At the risk of missing someone I want to try to thank each guest chef personally here.  You will have to let me know who I missed Fred.
Scott
Kip
Josh
Troy
Chase
Dennis
Al
John
Freddy
Anna (And whomever else did the desserts)

And last but absolutely not least, Fred Trahan, the best host that a St. Jude bid could ever win!  He is also a darn good chef in his own right!
   :notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:  

We each received a gift package of spices, ingredients, and special cooking spoons so that we can take what we learned home with us and enjoy our newly acquired tastes for years to come.  I sure plan to put mine to good use.  Even Jeff, who normally struggles preparing more than a sandwich, had plans to start cooking for Molly when he got back to Aiken.  How's that working out for you Jeff??   :p
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
Fred, sounds like ya'll had a great time in spite of the rain.  We got hammered with the rain up here in Natchitoches too.

I have a picture of Kip talking to you at the LTB Shoot last year doing the same hand motion at the camp.  Kip, we got you framed!

See you at the LTB shoot.  

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline Phantom67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »
seems like everyone had a great time, and fo sho, fred is a great host.. know ya'll had plenty to eat

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »
Reading this post and seeing all the pictures made me homesick, but seeing that plate of boudin...I am making flight reservations as soon as I stop typing this thread.

Online hardtimes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:00 AM »
Looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks for taking the time to share the pics.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
I was sitting here thinking of the GREAT time a dozen or so TOTAL strangers had that week despite the difficulties of not being able to hunt and a few missed dishes due to this aging old man's memory.

I wish I could have invited more trad shooters for Saturday’s party but the rain all week had people scattered.  It is truly amazing how hunting, the love of trad bows and a couple of camps can transform strangers into friends.    I look forward to sharing a hunt and meal with y’all in the future.  We’ll have to make that happen.  Add a few extra days to the trip next time and we’ll boil up some crawfish for y’all.

I’d like to thank Joe, Jeff and Irene for being so open to experience our way of life.   These people are one class act guys and made my job as a host very easy. Oh, and tell Arlo, the wonder dog, I said Hi.  He's a real good pup.  I am glad y’all enjoyed the stay, I know we did.

I think/I hope that I achieved my goal of giving y'all the “joie de vivre” that I promised.  I too will not forget that week.  I will also always treasure the parting gift from Joe and Jeff.  Send pictures of y’all new found culinary skills (BTW, Hebert’s overnights stuffed chickens).  That Nu Nu’s seasoning should also make even Jeff into a great chef, it’s virtually guaranteed. Call and we'll send more when it runs out.

And maybe most importantly ….  THE KIDS OF ST. JUDES ALSO BENEFITED GREATLY!  It doesn't get better than that.  Thanks for the memories guys!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Cool fellas, just cool.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
BTW, Joe can cook a mean breakfast and the bison burgers were awesome.  Maybe one day I'll sample more of y'all cooking.
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Fred you did a great job I really enjoyed my stay and making new friends.Jeff and Joe and Irene was great seeing all of you for this great trip.Hey how about we plan a trip with Joe,Jeff,myself and Fred like maybe Bear Quest 2014 or some other hunting trip in the not too distant future so we can keep in touch just saying.Kip

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
When is Bear Quest Kip?  I have to admit I never had a real eagerness to hunt bear so I never paid much attention to it, except reading the posts of the hunts.  

Sharing camp with them again and of course bowdoc could change my view on the matter though.  Let's talk.
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Count me in on any future Cajun Hunts!  We all had a blast...Jeff

PS:  

Whip,
I'm learning to be a better cook. Even Molly commented how quick I am using those Cajun spoons to spread the mayonnaise on my sandwich  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Two different weeks early June when it is hot here the temp. over there and the woods are very relaxing.Bear meat is very good and there is also fishing and a great bunch of guys.I kinda felt the same way on my first trip but needed some R/R but it is great fun.Kip

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by tippit:
Even Molly commented how quick I am using those Cajun spoons to spread the mayonnaise on my sandwich    :)  
It's not what I gave you the spoon for Jeff, but I knew you would find a new use for it.
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Looks like ya'll had a blast in spite of the horrible weather. Good job Fred

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:

There was plenty more that I missed pictures of, but I didn't miss out on dessert.  .....and I can't remember the name of the dessert in the middle of the picture, but it was prepared by Fred's wife Anna, and trust me - it was absolutely  sinfully delicious!          
Joe, her friend, which she got the receipt from, jokingly calls that dessert "better than sex", but I'm not ready to say it's that good!       :laughing:              :laughing:
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
deleted by aw
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Hard not to make the most of that trip!  Thanks for sharing!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »
Thank you for the story, it has really made my day. I have been stuck out in the boondocks for 3 days trying to get a flight into Baghdad. I envy you and hope to experience something like that myself in the future.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©