3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  x 1000000000......00000.

Will scan the list of vendors who have backed out and either do business with them or send them a note of support...hearing its about 200 vendors, I'm gonna be busy.

Thanks for keeping this thread here.

Eric

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Tracks, they caved to political correctness but also the even organizers, Reeds Expo is a British company.  The point to that is only the elite own firearms or hunt in Britain.

For those of you that are as serious about this as I am there is a pledge going around that I will list the link too.  I haven't checked today but when I signed there was almost 30k signatures.  Some people are afraid to sign thinking it will put a bullseye on them for the govt.  I can tell you from personal experience with the BATFE they know alot more about you than you'd like them too regardless of whether or not you sign a pledge. Again I hope this link is ok with the mods and I thank them for allowing this post.

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/16224
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »
IMHO, Tracks...It's a form of censorship and pandering. If you really feel that displaying, selling, buying, or discussing ANY type of firearm or bow is insensitive, then where do we stop?  

I hate pushing a non-trad archery item on this site.  It is my last "happy place."  Didn't feel like pushing the rock uphill anymore with my friends and relatives on facebook, so I deactivated my account.  I will drop the issue before I let that happen here.

I guess this is just one of those things where you either "get it or you don't."  Not judging you at all, Tracks.  Happy that you are comfortable enough and professional enough to ask in a reasonable manner.

Again . . I speak for no one other than myself on this.

Kingsnake

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
Bass Pro and others didn't make the list, because they pulled instantly and weren't on the confirmed list from what I hear...so they don't show as having "pulled out".

The promoter outfit is a British owned...They lost their rights to own guns so who knows what lies behind all this to ban specific weapons. Anyone who believes that bows would be safe, or hunting, later down the road is quite the optimist.

Google "Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show" and there are many links to varied reports.  NRA too.  Depending on which list you go to, it's got more than others.

All that remains is for the rest of us to hurt the promoter where they live by staying home!

United we stand, separate we fall apart.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
How long will we have ANY of our freedoms if  WE don't uphold and support the "2nd" The right to Bare Arms( bows are arms to). This is the only admendment that insures that all the others will be there for us all. If the 2nd falls how long will it be until the first admendment goes and then the rest.  The first step in a dictatorship is always disarming the people. WE ARE THE PEOPLE & need to take a stand as  Berry and Gene did! (how long will it be before the EPA bans the import of the woods our bows are made of ,just ask Gibson Guitars)  I carried an M60 machine gun and an M16 (6yrs 95 bravo MP Army)and swore to uphold the Constitution of the USA and defend it from ALL enemies foreign and domestic( My father KIA  Nam. 1968 fighting for & defending the above USA Air force Raven ) I'll be dammed if I do less!
FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE IT WAS PAID FOR WITH THE BLOOD OF HEROS! NEVER GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS! TOO MANY BRAVE MEN & WOMEN HAVE DIED TO EARN THEM,    PROTECT AND DEFEND THEM!!!
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
Makes me really proud to be an American!
N/A

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
It is not as simple as taking Black Rifles off the shelf for this event.  Principles of democracy and freedom are at stake.  The second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms.  Period.  These vendors support that right.  The fact that a large number of companies boycotting this event are archery related should make that pretty clear.  

This is not a new event.  This event is HUGE.  Vendors have been planning to attend this for years and they compete for prime spots.  Reservations are made far in advance.  The promoter has changed the rules midstream in an effort to pander to political correctness.    

Of course economic principles are also in place.  One of the fastest growing segments of hunting has been varmint and predator hunting with so called "assault" rifles.  A lot has been invested in that market.  There is an interrelationship between these guns, various accessories, sponsors and consumers that very quickly spans a large network of vendors that stand to take a hit from actions that affront the guns themselves.

This economic relationship very closely mirrors the political relationship among and between various factions of the shooting sports.  An attack on one is an attack on all. When the AR15 is offered up as the sacrificial lamb it simply places one more gun next in line to be slaughtered.  As citizens, and not subjects, this should be important to us.

When the participating vendors urged Reed's promotional group to reconsider their ill advised and poorly timed decision they refused to do so.  At that point the show no longer represented what it purported to represent.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
Bravo to Gene, Barry and Terry.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline collofthewild

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by centaur:

Originally posted by BDann:
This issue isn't going away anytime soon, and we must stick together.  After all, the 2nd Amendment isn't just about guns.  They will not hesitate to go after crossbows, compounds, traditional bows, any kind of weapon.  

The people who are going for our guns are the same people who want to do away with hunting.  Tradgang is a fantastic site, and I'm pretty confident that the moderators understand the gravity of this issue and how it relates to traditional bowhunting.  It's going to be awfully difficult to have a tradional bowhunting forum if there is no hunting.  Maybe we can all talk about the good 'ol days.  

Not me.  It's time to be political.  It's time to be offensive.
I couldn't agree more. I'm offended by offended people. Stand up for your rights!!!! [/b]
X2!

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
I applaud Terry and the mods for allowing this. As a hunter, if you think this is just something trivial, you should reevaluate your thinking!
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline rooster77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
:clapper:
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us.  "Lonesome Dove"

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bldtrailer:
How long will we have ANY of our freedoms if  WE don't uphold and support the "2nd" The right to Bare Arms( bows are arms to). This is the only admendment that insures that all the others will be there for us all. If the 2nd falls how long will it be until the first admendment goes and then the rest.  The first step in a dictatorship is always disarming the people. WE ARE THE PEOPLE & need to take a stand as  Berry and Gene did! (how long will it be before the EPA bans the import of the woods our bows are made of ,just ask Gibson Guitars)  I carried an M60 machine gun and an M16 (6yrs 95 bravo MP Army)and swore to uphold the Constitution of the USA and defend it from ALL enemies foreign and domestic( My father KIA  Nam. 1968 fighting for & defending the above USA Air force Raven ) I'll be dammed if I do less!
FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE IT WAS PAID FOR WITH THE BLOOD OF HEROS! NEVER GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS! TOO MANY BRAVE MEN & WOMEN HAVE DIED TO EARN THEM,    PROTECT AND DEFEND THEM!!!
Amen Bldtrailer!  My uncle was killed in 67' LRRP with the 7th CAV "AIR CAV" and I served on a fast attack sub during the cold war.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Tonight I am more proud than ever to be a small part of this site  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
Divide and conquer.....thats what they want...united we stand, divided we fall!  We need to stick together as HUNTERS as well as sportsmen & women.  thank you Gene & Barry
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Online Adirondack Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
It's sad to realize there are alot of TradGangers who voted for this kind of B.S. . Elections have consequences.

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
God bless them!
And a "thank you" from myself.
Steve.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  To all these Vendors  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
Big kudos to Gene,Barry, and Admin.
Realize this admin. gets probably two more Supreme Court Justices on top of the last two anti gun Justices...BIG DEAL FOLKS as the nominees will most certainly be antigun.
Also many anti 2nd A. folks are anti hunting as well. The sportsmen better wake up.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
It all in the way they see it. weapons dont kill people, criminals do. they dont understand that when they take them away they will pick up a pipe,knife or bat and still have killings.

Our forefathers would be disgusted with the way they manipulate our rights. they created them to keep this from happening.

I salute every one who has taken a stand for their rights.  SEMPER FI
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
I too applaud the Wensels and all the vendors that are boycotting this event, and to Terry and the TG moderators that are allowing this thread to progress.
  This is a sad, sad world we live in when a tormented individual can viscously take the lives of so many innocents with a firearm, and the government's response is to trample on the 2nd Amendment and the rights of law abiding citizens.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©