3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6294 times)

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
Thanks to all of those who have the guts to stand up for this. It is a financial hardship on every one of them but we can make that up to them. Thanks to Terry anmd the other mods for letting this stay up.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline TaterHill Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by gregg dudley:
It is not as simple as taking Black Rifles off the shelf for this event.  Principles of democracy and freedom are at stake.  The second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms.  Period.  These vendors support that right.  The fact that a large number of companies boycotting this event are archery related should make that pretty clear.  

This is not a new event.  This event is HUGE.  Vendors have been planning to attend this for years and they compete for prime spots.  Reservations are made far in advance.  The promoter has changed the rules midstream in an effort to pander to political correctness.    

Of course economic principles are also in place.  One of the fastest growing segments of hunting has been varmint and predator hunting with so called "assault" rifles.  A lot has been invested in that market.  There is an interrelationship between these guns, various accessories, sponsors and consumers that very quickly spans a large network of vendors that stand to take a hit from actions that affront the guns themselves.

This economic relationship very closely mirrors the political relationship among and between various factions of the shooting sports.  An attack on one is an attack on all. When the AR15 is offered up as the sacrificial lamb it simply places one more gun next in line to be slaughtered.  As citizens, and not subjects, this should be important to us.

When the participating vendors urged Reed's promotional group to reconsider their ill advised and poorly timed decision they refused to do so.  At that point the show no longer represented what it purported to represent.
:clapper:
Jeff

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline NOVAnewbie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Adirondack Bowman:
It's sad to realize there are alot of TradGangers who voted for this kind of B.S. . Elections have consequences.
Is this thread simply about praising those who are standing by their convictions, or is it now an open "debate" about the second amendment and/or gun control, or partisan politics in general?

Like many slippery slopes, where does this thread lead for Trad Gang?  

Will every 2nd amendment issue spring up in the open forum from now?  I guarantee that this issue will not go away for a long, long time.  When the next convention bans AR-15s or the next state's proposed Assault weapons ban, or any federal attempts at gun legislation, will there be topics about them too?  At what point will Trad Gang become more about AR-15s then longbows and recurves?

I'm not against the sentiment behind the thread, however I come to Trad Gang to read about traditional archery and bowhunting, not diatribes against the current administration or politics in general.

Offline bwana

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  for boycoting this event!

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by NOVAnewbie:

Originally posted by Adirondack Bowman:
It's sad to realize there are alot of TradGangers who voted for this kind of B.S. . Elections have consequences.
Is this thread simply about praising those who are standing by their convictions, or is it now an open "debate" about the second amendment and/or gun control, or partisan politics in general?

Like many slippery slopes, where does this thread lead for Trad Gang?  

Will every 2nd amendment issue spring up in the open forum from now?  I guarantee that this issue will not go away for a long, long time.  When the next convention bans AR-15s or the next state's proposed Assault weapons ban, or any federal attempts at gun legislation, will there be topics about them too?  At what point will Trad Gang become more about AR-15s then longbows and recurves?

I'm not against the sentiment behind the thread, however I come to Trad Gang to read about traditional archery and bowhunting, not diatribes against the current administration or politics in general. [/b]
You are right on some level, of course.  Where will tradgang draw the line in allowing this discourse?  What is the proper measure of attention to this issue?  The spectrum runs from ignoring it to completely engaging in it; standing alone as a traditional bowhunting island or embracing the bigger tent. OR something somewhere in between.

I don't know what the ultimate decision will be, but I am glad that we have been afforded this one opportunity to discuss the issue with like minded individuals.  I appreciate the willingness of Terry and Rob to allow us to vent on the single biggest issue facing us as citizens and sportsmen.  It is pretty clear that this thread is about two things.  One supporting the hunting industry which includes significant numbers of tradgang members.  Two discussing how current political winds may adversely impact the fundamental rights that we hold as citizens and the passion we pursue as sportsmen.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
That's great
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
Thank you guys!!
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »
Great job folks!

Removing AR's is only the first step, other freedoms will follow.

Forks make me fat? Better have fork control maybe?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Political and non bowhunting related. Thought for a moment I was on the *********** ! I come here to get away from that s@%t ! Too bad !

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
With all of these vendors pulling out, at current rate of 17%, there is going to be a lot of holes seen among the booths.

Interesting. At what point does the promoter cave in? If the gate goes down as much, or most probably, more; they should loose a fair amount of money. This will hurt this show for years to come.
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  for those that pulled out of the show.

Terry & Rob, big thanks for lettin' this thread roll on!

NOVAnewbie & stagetek...If you think think this has nothing to do with us 'cause we're bowhunters, you'd better wake up and open at least one of your eyes!

Eric

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
I'm amused and sickened by those whining about this post, apparenty it still doesn't stick that guns, politics and hunting with any weapon are inseperable.  Anyone that thinks traditional bowhunting isn't threatened is seriously disengaged from what has been happening not only now but for decades.  As I mentioned in my first post on this thread, in the 80's liberals were pushing hard to outlaw bowhunting as they considered it unethical and think what you want but it is a fact that more animals are lost during archery season than any of the firearms seasons.  It's the nature of the beast, there are two types of bowhunters, those that have lost an animal and those that will.  Bowhunting will be one of the points we are attacked on just like using dogs and bait for bears or cougars.  They chip away from the outside and the fact is there are alot more firearms hunters than dedicated bowhunters which means it's an easier target if we don't stick together.  You may not even own a gun but traditional bowhunting is connected to AR15's and the 2nd Amendment at the hip.  The choice is easy, either accept it and work together or act like siamese twins trying to go opposite directions at the same time.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
Peter Lewis, owner of Progressive Ins., like George Soros, will do everything their Billions of dollars can to bring about our Kings ultimate gun confiscation plan.
This was Obamas plan from the beginning and he intended to push it hard if given a second term. Now he has nothing to fear from trying to force it on the country.
It's gonna be a long fight for the next 4 years, and we have to be unrelenting in our efforts.
This boycott is a start, but it will take the effort of everyone not just the vendors.

We made the choice to go to Denver and Salt Lake City this year instead of Harrisburg for the very reason of this boycott.

Thanks to all who also choose to stand for the constitution!!!!!!

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tracks:
Forgive my ignorance, but what did the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show do to prompt so many people pulling out?
I applaud Gene and Barry (just watched Bowhunting October Whitetails I & II this past weekend for the umpteenth time . . . well, Barry anyhow.  Gene was still recovering from the failed Grizzly Artificial Insemination Team fiasco when that was filmed) and the other vendors and celebrities that are sticking together, but I too am confused how this is a cause for celebration.  The anti-hunters & anti-gun folks got just what they wanted - the show shut down.   We have one less place to go for seeing 98% of what we were interested in.

If the choice is all or nothing and we're cheering nothing I don't see a war plan with a favorable outcome here.

So, I guess no one will attend NY shows because our crackpot Governor and legislators failed to obey the Constitution and Bill of Rights they swore to defend and obey and instead twisted it to their political aims?  How does that help the folks stuck where the climate is sour who want help encouraging hunting and shooting?  

The anti's are saying "look, they're pulling out and running!  We've won!"        :dunno:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Iron Man2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
Stump...I differ. In many ways. Not trying to be disrespectful, however. Ponder this. Divide and Conquer: in politics, sociology and economics, a strategy to gain or maintain power. also, if you want to change or modify someone's behavior, hit them where it hurts, Money.

JL
W/training wheels: Mathews 70# @ 28.5"
Advanced: Black Widow GB 53# @ 30
Master in Training: Archery Traditions Bambou Hunter 68" 57#
No matter how you slice it...it tastes that much better when it was earned the hard way.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
I guess.  But next year the slot at the PA Farm Show Complex is filled with the Eastern Fiber Arts and Knitting Show or some such because the promoters got burned and we've accomplished what?

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »
Well Stump, giving up is not an option. They won't let us take our bows to the FEMA camp when they round us up. If you think that something like that cannot happen.  I new a retired CIA under cover operative that was in Lithuainia when Stalin starved thousands that did not think it could happen to them.  Empires fall and ours is leaning.

Offline Austin Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
Thanks to Gene and Barry and the others that pulled out.  While in a way I can see where this thread upsets a few on here, I'm really glad Terry and the gang let this stay up.  It's too important to ignore.  Thanks again Tradgang.
Joshua 24:15
As for me and my house,we will serve the Lord.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
I agree it needs to be fought.  But is punishing sportsmen the way to approach it?  I suppose the logic is to piss off your friends to get them to act?

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
it's about personal convictions and standing up to those that would take our rights from us.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©