3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Striker

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
Striker Bows will NOT be attending the show.
Thanks for your support.
Rick Ellis[/i]
Striker Bows[/i]

www.strikerbows.com

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
From their website:

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

Just sayin'......   :)
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
I certainly hope the local community around Harrisburg roasts Reed Exhibitions. The impact of their stupidity has cost the exhibitors and the local economy huge sums of money.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Show is cancelled
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline NOVAnewbie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
It is interesting how this "debate" veered quickly away from a show of support to the vendors and speakers who chose to boycott the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show to:
religion
partisan politics
foreign affairs
mental health
insults
etc.

I understand completely why this forum has kept discussions relevant and germane to traditional archery and bowhunting.

This thread illustrates the rationale behind Trad Gang's policy.

I hope that this thread proves to be only the exception that makes the rule.

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Thanks Rick!

Offline Iron Man2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
I add this to Doc Nock's comments...Before this post or thread gets removed because either we start getting off-track, or by it’s natural process to become a political debate, or offend any member, I think we need to first look at the facts and the existing law of the land. I am not trying to preach or lecture, however, while I agree that in principle this post violates the rules of posting on TG, the fact that this recent trend in the US has turned to a very serious violation, on all accounts, the risk of losing all our freedoms, that to an extent we have taken for granted, or becomes so restricted that you do not really have any. Below, I listed arguments and my opinions for the membership to ponder before we just argue over our personal opinions or call each other out for them. Hopefully, I can demonstrate why IMHO, I agree to keep this thread going and the reasons why this issue is relevant to all bow hunting in general not just Traditional Archery. Therefore, the main thrust of the original topic or post dealt with the actions of a major outdoor show’s promoter's position and taking a stance; and the reaction by vendors, guests and the public not agreeing with them. Therefore, if we just ignore the topic and allow only knee jerk politicians and uninformed public to go on without any restraint, because its not popular or mainstream, then why have any laws, convictions, or principles? We need to stick together and not allow to be divided and fight amongst ourselves.

Below I listed what the real underlying facts why this topic is very serious and should not be taken lightly.

Section 1.

{Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."}

Article II (which outlines the duties of the Executive Branch)
Executive Orders (EO)
{In times of emergency, the president can override congress and issue executive orders with almost limitless power.}
Our president and politicians have taken a position and stance that they can circumnavigate the constitution by using either passing laws, EO(s), without and real opposition or without the support (or vote) from congress, the house or legislators. The scary thought is that they seem to be succeeding, unopposed and building support by the uninformed, misguided, or fear of not being mainstream or popular. The second amendment protects us, "...the right of the people
to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Which arrows and bows are a type of "arms" And “Freedom” is meaningless without security, whether it is a firearm, or bow? Therefore, this left/right; Republican/Democrat; liberal/conservative dog and pony show should not leave most Americans willing to sacrifice the other side's rights in order to preserve "our" side's.

My 2 Centavos,

JL   :archer2:
W/training wheels: Mathews 70# @ 28.5"
Advanced: Black Widow GB 53# @ 30
Master in Training: Archery Traditions Bambou Hunter 68" 57#
No matter how you slice it...it tastes that much better when it was earned the hard way.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
I find it simply amazing that given the enormity of this issue, the potential financial impact on site sponsors and members and the potential political impact to the 37000 members of this site and citizens in general, that anybody wants to contest the legitimacy of discussing the current assault on constitutionally guaranteed freedoms in ANY forum.  

Somehow choosing to not read a thread seems to rest on the low end of the inconvenience scale when stacked next to sacrificing freedom.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
Dock....this is what I got from their 'cancellation statement'....

They are actually blaming those that dropped out !!!!

Making those that dropped out the bad guys !!!!

See, its so obvious....its in their playbook !!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
:clapper:     :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
James Kerr

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
For those who take offense with the topic, perhaps you need to read the very first post and subsequent THANKS to Rob and Terry for allowing this to be aired. It affects our basic rights as hunters, shooters, and citizens of the good ole USA!

The debate has degenerated to what one ditty once reviewed about a perspective leading to the holocaust..where the man wasn't of a particular race or religion, so he did nothing when they came for his neighbor, then for another neighbor for their philosophical views, because he didn't share those views, then another was taken away for his political views...and then when they finally came for the HIM, there was nobody left to help HIM!

Hang together or hang separately. Anyone who thinks this is about guns, or Assault weapons, is a very special sort of optimist for sure.

Freedom is NOT free...and those who resent inconvenience over the cost of freedom will not know freedom till it's lost!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
United We Stand, Divided We Fall.  Thanks for all who Stands
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
"Dock....this is what I got from their 'cancellation statement'....

See, its so obvious....its in their playbook !!!"

---------------------------------------

Exactly Terry
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:

Well put, Terry. I've written to the promoter several times, and again since their cancellation rhetoric.  Exactly! Wish I'd read this before I sent mine...I'd have "stolen" some of your verbiage!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Bravo to all the sponsers, speakers and such that stood up. If we the people do not start standing up more often there will be no more we the people. Being a Federal Law Enforcement Officer I can tell you one thing, this administration is already tying our hands and has been from day number one,we are actually being told not to enforce certain laws and if we disobey we face disiplanary action, if they can do that to sworn officers what do you think they can do to you if you do not stand up.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »

Yep.  That's what I got out of it too.   The issue was entirely within their hands.
MOLON LABE

Come shoot with us!

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »

Yep.  That's what I got out of it too.   The issue was entirely within their hands.
MOLON LABE

Come shoot with us!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
For those who don't think this post is relevant, you might consider that our constitutional rights are the key to our freedoms; the assault on the 2nd amendment is a slap in the face to every citizen of the US. Nothing is MORE relevant than our personal freedoms. Thanks to all who took a stand on this issue.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
Doc Noc, I could not agree more with your post.  Thank you for expressing my views better then myself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©