3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6288 times)

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
Just seen on the Noon New's,that EOSS has been Postponed! Thanks to all that support our Second Admendment!  :thumbsup:
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Offline Scott Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
This X2!! Well said Centaur!!

For those who don't think this post is relevant, you might consider that our constitutional rights are the key to our freedoms; the assault on the 2nd amendment is a slap in the face to every citizen of the US. Nothing is MORE relevant than our personal freedoms. Thanks to all who took a stand on this issue.
He who sacrifices freedom for safety deserves neither.
~Benjamin Franklin

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
Thanks to all who are committed to preserving our rights and freedoms, for standing tall and sending a strong message to those who want to take those rights and freedoms away!

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
From ESOS statement:
“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."

So if their decision only affected a small percentage of the exibitors,  then why the need to limit those few exibitors from the show.  How is having a very small group of vendors displaying AR type weapons going to detract from the family-friendly  environment and the spirit of promoting fishing and hunting...etc amongst another 1000-1200 exibits.
Talk about a lame attempt at spin control.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward. This was one of those times. Everyone who believes in our 2nd have just showed the world that we have the numbers to stand together. We gave up something that we really love just for our 2nd amendment.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
I am late to this post but I am very moved to see those that are supporting our 2A rights.  Thank you one and all.

Molon Labe

C
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Craig:
Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward. This was one of those times. Everyone who believes in our 2nd have just showed the world that we have the numbers to stand together. We gave up something that we really love just for our 2nd amendment.
Well said!!!!

Its in UNITY that this assault on our freedoms
will be defeated........

Thanks
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
I shouldn't be supprised, but this still has not made it on the major news sites.  Thank you Terry and admin for letting this be discussed.  Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Also have to applaud Lancaster Archery Supply being the first to boycott and all other venders to follow but reading "Reeds" statement - they still don't seem to get it.

They're debating on another site if vender refunds, if not, are law sues in the works?

Offline Roughrider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
I complement the moderators on keeping this thread going.  This is relevant to traditional archery, and to the ideals and standards many of us hold as freedom loving traditional archers.  It is terribly naive to think that the dislike for what some people label as "assualt weapons" will stop at those weapons.  I find it amazing, that with the extremely low incidence of crime amoung legal gun owners, that there isn't a widespread cry of discrimination in this entire discussion.  

When the guns are gone and we're only left with our bows, do you think there are people who will view them as "assualt weapons" that need to be restricted?  Look around the world!
Dan Brockman

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
the actions taken by the vast majority of event sponsors to boycott the show is an important and clear message that all traditional americans need to hear and understand.  hopefully that message gets through the liberal left mindsets that call themselves 'politicians'.  

clearly it hit home to the event producers = $$$$.

"COME AND GET THEM" - Leonidas, 450 B.C.

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
looks like their attempt to disrupt Reeds worked, the show has been canceled!

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
This makes me proud to be a member of Trad Gand.
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
of course they are still trying to make those that backed out look like the bad guys.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
Hopefully this episode ends with a new promoter/company running it, because their attitude is horrible and reveals no sign of backing down (any rational business person would have relented early rather than cause harm to all vendors, contracts, etc.)

To the naysayers, I get it, but the way this site is run you probably already know that this is a very rare exception and not the rule.

Further, just like us parents trying to protect our children from an increasing barrage of offensive crap on tv are constantly told to change the channel, I say, why don't you just read another post? There are hundreds more on TG to peruse.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
It is so rare when folks gets called out like this and have to back down.  I'm glad to hear it.  Family fun nothing....there decisions are calculated to make them money, nothing else.

I like when the libs tried to cook Chic Filet's "goose". It backfired on those folks too.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Terry and Rob.....Thank you both sooooooo much!!!! :thumbsup:

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
Thanks to Terry and Rob for allowing this thread. Call it a special event if you will. I think most understand that.

They say that they want to let the air clear before the go forward with the ESS. They say we are raising a stink over this. But I don't think that they realize exactly where that smell is coming from. Most everyone else connected with this show did!

How much you want to bet this Reed Exhibitions organizes a corporation by another name for sponsorship before they try to sponsor another ESS sports show? How can any sportsmans oriented vendor trust this group going forward?    "[dntthnk]"
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Thank you for taking a stand..
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Paul,

Welcome and thanks for your thoughts. Problem today in the instant information age is nobody wants to do all the research to find out the TRUTH!

I see by your comments that you've gotten a limited view of the issues.  Much information is flowing these days... how SRI's, anti-depressants have had people going off berserk and all the perps of the horrid gun crimes seem to now be documented as being on one of those meds!

Other good data shows we've reduced violent crime by 50% in this country in the past years... firearm deaths are pretty much limited to "inner city metropolitan areas" but the media won't tell you THAT tidbit...straight from the crime reports.

Would be "profiling" if we went where the problem was and fixed it THERE!

Lots of good information to help clear your view if you seek it ---it's out there, my friend.

I grew up believing that the media would leave no stone unturned to find and report the truth.

Unfortunately, no longer. You have to dig up your own truth.  The High Priests of Truth are the media moguls and they've not told the truth about crime, violence and the role guns play in it for many years now... they have their own agenda and "spin Doctors" promoting their versions of reality.

Keep pushing and you'll find REAL answers to many of your concerns... and the reality will be pretty alarming once you find the truth!

Peace- out
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©