3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6286 times)

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
I will keep that list as those are the people I want to do business with!
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
I had plans to go with several friends and a few days ago, we decided to boycott the show because of the show's stance.  Thanks to Gene & Barry, and all the others who are also standing by our rights and freedoms!

Offline NOVAnewbie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
One reason I have enjoyed Trad gang so much is the absence of politics.  I'd like to see things stay that way.  There are plenty of forums to discuss the 2nd amendment and gun control.

Let's not do it here.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Trying not to be offensive or political, but this has everything to do with Traditional Bowhunting.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
Kudos to Gene and Barry and everybody else on that list for standing up for what they believe in!!   :clapper:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Thank you Gene and Barry and all the others on the list for their boycott and support of the Second Amendment.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
Very Proud of Gene and Barry for supporting the 2nd amendment!
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Agree this is a political, and a gun thread which does not belong here.

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by NOVAnewbie:
One reason I have enjoyed Trad gang so much is the absence of politics.  I'd like to see things stay that way.  There are plenty of forums to discuss the 2nd amendment and gun control.

Let's not do it here.
Technically you are right, but the moderators make exceptions to their rules in certain instances.  If you report it to them, they can make a decision as to whether to move it to the politics forum or completely remove it.  In the meantime, thanks to Gene and Barry.

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by huntryx:
Me too.

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
I don't think that anybody can afford to bury their head in the sand on this issue.   This is the biggest issue of our time as sportsmen and citizens.  Whether it is appropriate for tradgang is a call terry will ultimately have to make and we will have to respect.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
The power of the people in the form of boycotts needs to continue, the right of the people to speak their mind is essential to liberty.  A cop pulled up to my back yard when I was shooting broadheads and asked if I would ever shoot a person with those if my family or my property was being attacked.  I said no that's what guns are for, I have way too much respect for my arrows to waste them like that. We then discussed how it is patriotic to own and be able to shoot a gun. Not just hunters, but everyone should have one. I do not like to shoot guns, but I do practice with them so I can if I need to.  Isolating such conversation to gun only forums is preaching to the choir.  Things are getting serious, people are more and more getting trained to spy on one another.  There was a report just the other day made and there was also talk spread around the restaurants, that there was a very scary looking man brutally killing a toy deer with a big scary bow and arrow on the north end of town.  Resistance is not futile, it is necessary.  A statement from 1995 from our current attorney general Mr. 'Fast and Furious' Eric Holder, "We really need to brain wash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."  Why should we let  people who put guns in the hands of Mexican drug cartels tell us what to do with ours?  If the line in the sand is drawn with the tip of a longbow, they will want to take that away as well.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Very proud of these people to take a stand..Bless you all..

Offline Boomerang

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:      :clapper:

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by NittanyRider:

Originally posted by huntryx:
Me too. [/b]
Agree!  

And you might want to count how many of these rules this thread breaks, since WE need to stand up and be counted...

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=125042

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
It's like I've said time and again on the other sites I've been on, you can't seperate guns from politics and you can't seperate guns from hunting.  As hunters regardless of weapons we have to hold together.  For those that don't remember back in the 80's bowhunting was the primary target of animal rights groups and is still considered unethical by them and their followers.  They feel it would be easier to stop bowhunting first and then go after the gun hunters.

We've been talking about this for quite some time on the Handgun Hunting site I'm on and something that should be mentioned is that this company putting on the show is a british outfit.

I know there are elites here that snub those that use weapons other than what they like for hunting but if we don't put those petty differences aside an attack on the 2nd amendment is a lot closer to an attack on hunting.  This means a successful attach on the second is a successfull attack on hunting.  I have many people I deal with through my custom revolver business that live in NY and they figured since it was just "black" guns being talked about they were good.  What they have found is their little Ruger 10/22 squirrel guns are now illegal and those that carry concealed have found 95% of handguns are illegal since they carry more than 7rds.

I strongly suggest if you want to keep using your bows for hunting you quit whining about a political post and figure out how to add, because gun control adds up to hunting control in the end.  In case your not aware PETA is already petitioning obama to go a step further on this matter and go directly after hunting as a means to further both their agendas.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline inthere10x

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
:clapper:

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
To all that are willing to make a stand for our rights I Salute you  :thumbsup:  ....
to those who wish to ignore and hide from the facts....  :nono:  ..wake up.  Our rights are everything, we all have to protect them.  If you aren't willing to stand up for our rights just give your guns and bows to those willing to take up the fight to keep our rights.  Wake up....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©