3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6279 times)

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Thats way out of line.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
I think I detect a Klan member and while 70% of the gun related killings are in the inner cities by minorities comments like that won't help our cause.  There is right way and a wrong way to say things and you just picked the wrong way if you want people to not think your just a loon.  If we are to be taken seriously you have to communicate in a serious way.  It's just bad all the way around, even "if" there were to be an uprising in this country you will alienate more than you'll bring in.  The founding fathers only had 20% of the colonist behind them but they were able to bring many who were on the fence into the rebellion by being tactfull and deliberate, not tacky.  Even if some do agree with you that kind of comment definitely puts more people off the it attracts.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline WINDTALKER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »
reb bubba, I appreciate your right to free speech and your own opinion and since your new here I'll do you a favor and let you know that respect is held in the highest regard here.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »
That’s his/her 1st post. This is a troll.

Rob will nip this in the bud.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Guys that is an inappropriate and egregious statement that will not be tolerated.  Please don't quote it as it will be that much harder to clean up when the guys get to it.  That's why the whistle report post symbol is there.  Pleased to say that in all my years on tradgang I have never seen anything like it.  Respect is paramount to tradgang's success.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
Good on ya, Vermonster!
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
Thanks David

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: January 26, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
I don't know if you guys have run into it here or not before but on the handgun site I'm on we've had worse than normal trolls.  We've had hardcore anti gun/ anti hunters trying to bait us into things that could be used against us.  We even had one that was forthcoming about who she was, which was a journalist from the UK doing a story on guns in America.  She tried to get several of us to talk before being blocked from the site.  If we thought it was going to be a positive report it would have been one thing but we were pretty darn sure she was going to try and bait us into something that could be used for the anti's agenda.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by wapitirod:
I don't know if you guys have run into it here or not before but on the handgun site I'm on we've had worse than normal trolls.  We've had hardcore anti gun/ anti hunters trying to bait us into things that could be used against us.  We even had one that was forthcoming about who she was, which was a journalist from the UK doing a story on guns in America.  She tried to get several of us to talk before being blocked from the site.  If we thought it was going to be a positive report it would have been one thing but we were pretty darn sure she was going to try and bait us into something that could be used for the anti's agenda.
No we don’t normally have this problem and we can all thank Rob for that. I talked with Rob about this very subject and we don’t have a Troll problem because Rob has a very hands on approach to signing up / screening individuals for membership on this site. Very time consuming for him, but also very effective. Once and a while a Troll will get out from under the bridge but not often because Rob is a good shot.   :goldtooth:

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2013, 12:46:00 AM »
The crux of the problem is lack of leadership in our House and Senate. Yes, we have the right to vote and choose out elected officals. So, here is my problem: I dont RESPECT anyone running for office anymore, because, I have quite frankly, become extremely critical of anyone claiming to represent the "people". IMHO , they are only in office to further their own checkbook, which has eroded my faith in our system. What a sad, sad, state of affairs to love your country and dispise its leaders you are sworn to protect.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2013, 01:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by Gatekeeper:
That’s his/her 1st post. This is a troll.

Rob will nip this in the bud.
Consider it nipped. Taken care of.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2013, 01:35:00 AM »
have you seen any of the shows like Oreilly's Watters World where he goes out and talks to people. He's asked people to indentify pictures of presidents, or the names of prominent politicians or just general matters of importance in this country and these people have no clue.

Howard Stern did a deal on his radio show and asked people questions like, what do you think about obama choosing Palin as a running mate?  They would say they think it's great, there were many more like  that and not one of the people caught on.  Another lady was asked why she was voting for obama and she answered, because of all the free stuff he said he's going to give us.

With clueless, ignorant people like that out there it will be hard to ever turn this thing around with the vote.  The lib base is growing on a daily basis with the backdoor amnesty that obama has given illegals and of course with the economy expected to crash again that will mean more welfare dependent individuals.  There are states right now where the number of unemployed people on welfare outnumber the ones working.  That kind of math won't last for long and when you take their freebies away you better look out.  The crap the occupy people pulled will be nothing, it will look more like the riots in greece and other parts of europe.  

To link this to the 2nd Amendment, if people can't and won't understand things like our financial crisis how can they understand the sanctity of the constitution, as long as they are allowed to stay illegally and everyone still gets their freebies they could care less what this administration does.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »
kudos to dave and randy for nailing that troll while i was offline!    :clapper:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
I applaud those who stand up for what they believe.

Kudos to those who do not put money before beliefs!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
To sacrifice liberty for a false sense of security is a fool's bargain. The Patriot act and other right encroaching laws are still in effect. The government does not easily release power it gains through fear or any other method.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Here is a good solution:
    Join NRA. Go to shootingusa.com and they will pay $ 10.00 off your annual membership. My wife and I are both members. If just 20,000 Tradgangers join?
    Remember some of the venders at the ESS did not know the show was cancelled and could not pull out. We called a vender when we read it was and he did not know. We had shipped him over 2,000 in merchindise? Don't divide us because they are in the same business we are in. My wife and I did the show for over 10 years.
    *****Join NRA*****    Ken Denton
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
As a PENNSYLVANIAN I can attest to the aftershock the postponing of this show has created. It is the largest show of this type in the UNITED STATES...! It was run by a New York group for years but I believe the organization who runs it now is Great Britan based...which is locally believed to be the reason they made such a stupid decision. I have gone to it since the 1970's and we're all glad to see the vendors sticking to their constitutional beliefs so ardently...even though this will affect their immediate livelyhood in some instances. "We hang together boys...or surely we shall all hang separately....Ben Franklin".......
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Thanks Guys....I saw that 'new member' come across the 'new member' spot on the main forum home page....and I clicked the profile cause something just seemed fishy....I even think I know how it was.

I was waiting to see if he posted and he did, bout 30 minutes after I went to bed.

Thanks guys for taking care of him.  Funny, they go to great lengths to register, and they make one post and within minutes the post is gone and a click later so are they.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
It's really great to see how socially informed many of our members are here on TRADGANG.! Keeping up with the facts is tremendously important and rationalizing them as American citizens is just as noteworthy. Terry, xtrema312,Greg Skinner, wapitirod and many others are cool headed and spot on with their assessments of our current state of firearms affairs. Kudos to you all as I work in the firearms trade.....stand firm gentlemen....jackdaw
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
The people in charge of running the show are British, the show owners are American. They use this same outfit to run the SHOT Show, but they are in discussions to take that away from them also.

The show has been canceled but of even greater concern is Dick's and Wal-Mart dropping black guns from their stores. Keep the Second Amendment in mind if you shop at either of these places.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©