3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6287 times)

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene and Barry Wensel Defend the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
I applaud all who stand up & fight for our constitutional rights       :clapper:      If you consider yourself an American you have to be on board! If our second amendment rights are lost we will be prisoners in our own country. This is a cause I'm willing to fight & die for.
My children deserve the same freedoms I have enjoyed, Hunt, Fish, Shoot, guns & bows if they so choose.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Everything with the Anti's and Libs is incrimental, as they can't get what they want at one blow.

If you think they will stop with disarming us of firearms you're kidding yourself.

This issue has everything to do with bowhunting. We may not be at the top of the hit-list now, but we are on that list. Stopping them now ensures your children and grandchildren the right to defend themselves and hunt how they want.

Thanks to all who are standing up to the tyranny, my business will be done with them in future also.    :clapper:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
xtrema312, I couldn't agree more!! I also want to thank the Wensel brothers and the Admin for taking a stand and allowing this thread to continue. This subject hits home with me not only on a national level but also because our governor here in NY recently signed a new gun law into effect thats even more restrictive on the law abiding citizen.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
here is a link to the updated list of companies that have pulled out.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1358937520j4apvy4zuph
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
They claimed 1200 vendors.  The list of those boycotting is close to 200 and growing.  There are some heavy hitters on that list.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Thanks to all for standing up!!   :thumbsup:

Offline Iron Man2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
I just saw this post and I have been mulling over this most recent rise to arms or should I say Dis-arm! I have been wanting to post something about this recent political strategy in the white house, but I tried to respect the policies of TG, however, only recently have I picked up the traditional game and my roots (as many) come from hunting with BB guns, small caliber rifles and on up. So for me this hits hard and was torn being on this site and not seeing and comments?

Others have commented and and said it best, but, the reality is that firearms or bow & arrows do have a connection even if one chooses one or the other, both or one over the other. I like many have chosen this new found excitement of stick and string, but I do not forget that as a small child hunting with firearms has been my beginnings and also excited in all that is the outdoors.

JL    :archer2:
W/training wheels: Mathews 70# @ 28.5"
Advanced: Black Widow GB 53# @ 30
Master in Training: Archery Traditions Bambou Hunter 68" 57#
No matter how you slice it...it tastes that much better when it was earned the hard way.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by northener:
This is a matter very near and dear to my heart.

Thank you moderators for allowing this thread to continue.

I am proud to be a part of supporting our second ammendment rights. all sportsman need to unite in this cause!
:readit:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline tackhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
:clapper:
What you do speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you say! >>----->

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
A lot  of men and women died defending our 2nd amendment rights which is under the umbrella of freedom!!!!!!

Kudos to those  who are backing this worthy cause.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Full support to those who are supporting our rights!  :clapper:

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Today, I spent some time on the phone with the Hilton Honors folks trying to cancel my NON-REFUNDABLE reservations at the Hampton Inn in Harrisburg.  The rep checked with her supervisor and decided to play hardball.  End result...They will keep my $101, but I will put my rarely-used English degree to work in a little letter-writing exercise.  The letter will be 'cc' to the promoter of the show, and will include a my cut-up Hilton Honors Rewards card.  Since I am a guy who travels approximately 15-20 multi-day trips for work each year, they may learn the error of their ways.

:knothead:  

I will ALSO be opening my wallet to support some of the vendors who have decided to boycott the show.  Not sure what I'll buy yet, but since I'm saving all that gas money, it may be even more than if I went to the show!

Kingsnake    :goldtooth:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
:archer:
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Tracks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what did the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show do to prompt so many people pulling out? I visited their website and all I found was this:

"The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show is a unique celebration of the authentic hunting and fishing traditions that are cherished by millions of Americans and their families. We are proud to celebrate these pastimes by featuring 1,200 exhibitors offering a diverse range of products from outfitters to fishing boats and RVs, from archery to art and from clothes to cabins.
As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests.
ESS is proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of the rich hunting and fishing tradition passed from generation to generation by American families."

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Good on you, kingsnake.
MOLON LABE

Come shoot with us!

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
Starting with the word However...

No ugly looking firearms can be displayed or sold.  An action which chips away at the second amendment, impacts varmint hunting retailers and is a slippery slope to travel.
MOLON LABE

Come shoot with us!

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Tracks...that carefully-worded release from the promoters was their way of saying "No AR-15s or high capacity magazines"  Not sure of other so-called assault weapons and accessories.  No, the topic is not "trad archery," but Barry & Gene Wensel, Fred Eichler, and several other trad shooters (though not all EXCLUSIVELY trad) have decided that this is not a show they will support for their decision.  

Kingsnake

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
Thank you Berry and Gene for taking a stand.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
J&M Traditions also dropped out. They usually have a large booth which could cost $4,000.00 or more.

They were promoting there new room of tactical weapons and then 3 weeks before the show they told all the vendors that they could not bring any of those weapons or literature on them, Also no photos of them. It was a bait and switch. Lancaster Archery was the 1st vendor that dropped out. They don't even sell firarms. There are Outfitters as far as Africa that have dropped out in honor of our 2nd amendement and we have Americans who don't care. Going to be interesting
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Tracks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kingsnake:
Tracks...that carefully-worded release from the promoters was their way of saying "No AR-15s or high capacity magazines"  Not sure of other so-called assault weapons and accessories.  No, the topic is not "trad archery," but Barry & Gene Wensel, Fred Eichler, and several other trad shooters (though not all EXCLUSIVELY trad) have decided that this is not a show they will support for their decision.  

Kingsnake
I really hope I am not opening a can of worms here, but I'm just curious what prompted such a vehement response from so many businesses and individuals. Did the organizers say anything about supporting a possible ban on these weapons or did they just feel that it would be insensitive, politically un-savvy, and/or distracting to the main intent of the show (hunting and fishing) to display such weapons within 200 miles of Newtown?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©