3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aggressive R/D hybrid longbow appreciation thread  (Read 3662 times)

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aggressive R/D hybrid longbow appreciation thread
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
I just gotta show off the bow I just received in the 2013 Trad Gang Bow Swap.  It was built by Cory Engert (heartlandbowyer).  I'm typically a Hill style guy , but this bow has me questioning my loyalty.

THANKS CORY!!!!

>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
Not sure if this is all that aggressive, but I'll play if ya let me...  :D  

Just finished up all bocote, 45@28"  64" D/R, my own design..

Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
BEAUTIFUL!!
I love bocote.
Those veneers leave nothing to be desired.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline emt137

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by jsweka:
    [/QB]
What wood combination is this? Walnut & purpleheart? I like it a lot. Its a fine looking bow.
"For man only stays human by preserving large patches of simplicity in his life, while the tendency of many modern inventions...is to weaken his consciousness, dull his curiosity, and, in general, drive him nearer to the animals." -George Orwell

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by jsweka:
I just gotta show off the bow I just received in the 2013 Trad Gang Bow Swap.  It was built by Cory Engert (heartlandbowyer).  I'm typically a Hill style guy , but this bow has me questioning my loyalty.

Lovely. How does it shoot compared to the Hill style bows?
Instinctive gapper.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
emt137 - Yes, it is walnut and purple heart.  It's has purpleheart under clear glass on the belly too.

Nativestranger - No handshock and much faster compared to a Hill style.  And the nice thing is that I don't need to change anything with my form or aiming technique (split vision) when shooting this bow.

A Hill style bow is like an old reliable truck that will never let you down, but it's also nice to take a corvette out spin.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Anyone has pictures or opinions of Holm made Osprey longbows?
Instinctive gapper.

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Excellent video of a Hummingbird hybrid longbow in action. I have never really shot a hybrid longbow before but gotta say this looks nice! No puff silencers on string and it's amazingly quiet.

Instinctive gapper.

Offline bradglaza

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
Since we're on the topics of hybrid bows generally and Hummingbird bows specifically, I thought I should post about my Hummingbird 20th Anniversary Kingfisher Longbow. It's a truly outstanding bow. It is absolutely beautiful, the craftsmanship is unparalleled, and it's the sweetest shooter I've ever owned. It flings a 525-grain arrow at 208 feet per second and is dead in the hand.

The link below takes you to the pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115727283823568073135/Hummingbird20thAnniversaryKingfisherLongbow?authkey=Gv1sRgCMK3td-k2POVuwE

The riser is figured zebrawood inlaid with phenolic and the Hummingbird medallion. The back of the bow is crema etimoe from West Africa, and the belly is curly maple. Ben also inlaid two arrows into the belly, one on the top limb and one on the bottom limb. The core is a thick double lam of bamboo which makes it incredibly efficient and fast. It loves heavy arrows, particularly Beman MFXs with the full 75-grain insert and a 145-grain fieldpoint. It's almost too beautiful to take out in the woods... almost. Enjoy, and thanks for looking.
Hummingbird Kingfisher 20th Anniversary Longbow
Hummingbird Bowie Longbow
Timberhawk Falcon Longbow
Brooks Hunter Recurve
Black Widow PSR

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Another Kanati

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by katie:
Another Kanati

Hey Katie. What do you think of the Kabekona River longbow compared to the Kanati? I really love the looks of these 2.
Instinctive gapper.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
My green Griffin.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
"Shakira" my spalted maple G riffin.

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
My 54" Cocobolo Shrew Classic Hunter:

54" Bow Bolt Takedown Shrew Classic Hunter Carbon/Foam/Mystery Material. I sold this one to a fellow member as it was just a little heavy for me:

Offline Beanbag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
Izzy, Looks like some thing is trying to eat your bow. Pretty good eye candy.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nativestranger:

Originally posted by katie:
Another Kanati

Hey Katie. What do you think of the Kabekona River longbow compared to the Kanati? I really love the looks of these 2. [/b]
The Kabekona felt a bit heavier. I would guess because of the wood. The Kanati's grip was a bit slimmer. I have small hands. Both are fast and quiet. The Kabekona that I shot had longer limbs than I normally shoot. It spit the arrow well even for my short draw.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Yes they are very pretty and great shooters. I have a takedown that I got in last Spring. I ordered it with the gloss.
Man I didn't know whether I was supposed to shoot it or hang it on the wall, it was like taking a grand piano outside. Or driving a new shiny mercedes to the feed store in this town that doesn't even have a stoplight LOL.
Honestly I just couldn't make myself take it outside, so I ended up sending it back to Ben to get it knocked down to a flat, much better now for me now and still a looker.

Scott

Originally posted by bradglaza:
Since we're on the topics of hybrid bows generally and Hummingbird bows specifically, I thought I should post about my Hummingbird 20th Anniversary Kingfisher Longbow. It's a truly outstanding bow. It is absolutely beautiful, the craftsmanship is unparalleled, and it's the sweetest shooter I've ever owned. It flings a 525-grain arrow at 208 feet per second and is dead in the hand.

The link below takes you to the pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115727283823568073135/Hummingbird20thAnniversaryKingfisherLongbow?authkey=Gv1sRgCMK3td-k2POVuwE    

The riser is figured zebrawood inlaid with phenolic and the Hummingbird medallion. The back of the bow is crema etimoe from West Africa, and the belly is curly maple. Ben also inlaid two arrows into the belly, one on the top limb and one on the bottom limb. The core is a thick double lam of bamboo which makes it incredibly efficient and fast. It loves heavy arrows, particularly Beman MFXs with the full 75-grain insert and a 145-grain fieldpoint. It's almost too beautiful to take out in the woods... almost. Enjoy, and thanks for looking.
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline Mike VanBuren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Sika hunting in Maryland with my 58" Fedora Extreme. I don't know why but this bow is the easiest bow to shoot well in any situation.

Offline Nativestranger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Lovely bow there Mike. What are the riser and limb woods on yours?
Instinctive gapper.

Offline Mike VanBuren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
It's all osage. The limb veneers are cut curly osage.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©