3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ESOS show canceled  (Read 1269 times)

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ESOS show canceled
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by MOFISH:
If this only "affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits" where's the problem. I think I jsut got a whiff of BS.   :dunno:  
I thought the same thing.  Laying it on thick.

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Online two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
Right on!  :campfire:

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
Before we all pat ourselves on our backs, let's keep the big picture in mind, front and center. While the outcome of this skirmish was good, it ultimately was within the hunting/gun community. The national media and some in the US House and US Senate could care less and they're moving on with their agenda.

The REAL fight is coming in the 2014 midterm elections.

Boycotts and emails are all nice, but if we overlook where the real power lies, we're chasing individual wasps, when it's the nest we need to spray.

The real power lies in the pens of those who make make the laws, not sport show promoters. Again, while this boycott worked out nicely, the real battles lie ahead and 2014 must be our D-Day, when we punish those who want to take our civil rights away, by voting them out of office. Their punishment will be that they'll have to then live under the laws they created, as private citizens, not the ruling class. After we fire them, that is.

The 2014 midterms are a "must vote" for every single gun owner in the nation.

The key is to put the real fear of losing re-election in the minds of every red state democrat Senator and then the liberals can talk about gun bans all they want, but nothing will happen. Oddly enough, it will be Senate democrats who likely block gun bans, not the GOP, because the red state Senators up for re-election in 2014 know if the vote for bans, they lose.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Really need someone to put on a show to replace ESOS so they can actually see the money they lost.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »
:clapper:  

:nono:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
Good deal
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
This is great news!
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
Really need someone to put on a show to replace ESOS so they can actually see the money they lost.
BIG Traditional Expo East is in Kalamazoo Micigan this weekend...all the cool guys will be there anyway, everybody that was planning on PA, head on over!

Offline Stickbow98

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
Have to feel sorry for the loss of income to all of the locals because of this though. One million+  show attendees not coming, means no $$ spent on hotels, restaurants, etc.
BIG hit for the Harrisburg area economy thanks to the Reed groups attempt to be "p.c.".
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stickbow98:
Have to feel sorry for the loss of income to all of the locals because of this though. One million+  show attendees not coming, means no $$ spent on hotels, restaurants, etc.
BIG hit for the Harrisburg area economy thanks to the Reed groups attempt to be "p.c.".
That is a true loss and I feel for the hospitality industry as well as the other area retailers that stood to gain.  Hopefully the message will resonate to other communities and there will be some gain from their loss.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
And to tag on Mojostick's post....There are probably SEVERAL anti-gun people/groups who will look at the shutting down of the show as a "win for them."   Just some perspective...

Kingsnake

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
I hope this sets precedence to other big run shows, that we the people will not be shoved around. One small step for hunters, one big leap for freedom
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
Kingsnake,

I was going to add just what you said, but thought it may be too "hot" of a topic.

The anti-gun people are unified. With this past situation, we've got a case where hunters were against hunters and a huge hunting show was cancelled. That's a win in some anti's eyes.

Keep in mind how these people operate. During the "fiscal cliff" talks, their goal wasn't to necessarily raise tax rates, their goal was to cause a civil war in the GOP between the RINO's and the Tea Party, and they were successful.

We have to be very careful on how we proceed from here. I'm not saying shutting down the show wasn't a good thing, I'm just warning that it may be a much ado about nothing, in the real grand scheme. If the national media doesn't cover it in a major way, it's relatively meaningless, other than to illustrate to ourselves that we're all of the same mind and fairly unified.

The real fight is not closing hunting shows, but sending anti-gun liberals packing from any position of power.

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
Just a heads up the Mayor of Harrisburge join the anti gun group NYC Bloomberg started Maybe now he will reconsider.
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by stringstretcher:
Three words is all that is necessary

UNITED WE STAND
:thumbsup:    :clapper:     :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Don't relax now! The battle has just begun! Don't bask in the sunshine we have alot of work left to do. These antis be they anti hunting or anti guns are relentless. Be sure to contact your reps and the leadership in the Senate and House of representitives and let them know how you feel.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline dtarbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Congarts to all those venders that stood their ground and made the point for all of us.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
they made their bed...let em sleep in it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©